Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warrington Place (Dublin) Road Changes

Options
  • 29-06-2006 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this more suited to the Commuting/Transport forum, feel free to move if it is.

I really just wanted to vent my anger at the new road layout on Warrington place(Dublin) at the Junction with Lower Mount street and was wondering if anybody felt the same.

There are two lines at the top end of the road, formerly you could use either to go straight and the left to go left and the right to go right, there was never any traffic there.

Now for some reason it has been changed so that those going straight and left must use the left lane, the right lane is reserved for those turning right on Mount Street. The problem is hardly anybody turns right, which has lead to massive tailbacks developing for the left lane.

The worst thing is the left lane only appears in the last 100 yards before the lights, before that the space is for parking. There are now tailbacks down Warrington Place, backing up to Grand Canal Street both directions and even down to South Lotts Road.

The really stupid thing about it is that even those who want to turn right have to sit in this tailback until the reach the last 100 yards where the lanes split. It is one of the most stupid and badly thought out decisions from Dublin City Council if ever seen.

Advertisement