Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Probable stupid question...

Options
  • 29-06-2006 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭

...say you're driving along a road with a bus lane and you want to stop and let someone out of your car so they can get a bus. Where are you actually, legally supposed to stop? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

As far as I know, in the rules of the road you cant enter the bus lane during the usual 7 till 7 window, realistically however i dont think a guard would stop you provided you do what most people do and drop the person off at the bus stop or near the bus stop when you arent obstructing any buses (and they really dont like being blocked:rolleyes: ).

Personally i think its much worse when people hop out in the middle of traffic and run across the dual carriageway to catch a bus. Also, I myself have yet to see a guard pull someone over for letting out/picking up in a bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    As far as I know, in the rules of the road you cant enter the bus lane during the usual 7 till 7 window, realistically however i dont think a guard would stop you provided you do what most people do and drop the person off at the bus stop or near the bus stop when you arent obstructing any buses (and they really dont like being blocked:rolleyes: ).

Personally i think its much worse when people hop out in the middle of traffic and run across the dual carriageway to catch a bus. Also, I myself have yet to see a guard pull someone over for letting out/picking up in a bus lane.

I'd go with that Dirk assuming, of course that it's not a contra-flow bus lane. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I'd go with that Dirk assuming, of course that it's not a contra-flow bus lane. :)

that would be somewhat an "issue" i would imagine if a guard came along the contra flow at that point on an emergency call with lights and sirens on :)

Advertisement