Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bought Alloys need to get them put on my car Where Skerres Rush Lusk Drogheda

Options
  • 29-06-2006 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Basically bought a alloys need to get them put on my car
    So i need to get the my tyres moved from my old rims onto the alloys they will any one know a place.

Also is worth holding onto te old rims

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Any tyre fitting place can do this.

You need to inform your insurance co. of the fitting of the new alloys remember.
    Increase in value of your car, and an increased chance of theft.

Keep the old wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I tried blakes cross and they said the wheels would be 25 quid each to get fitted and balanced what does balanced mean.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

That's excessive imho. €50 all in is about right.

Balancing involves putting the wheels with tyres fitted on a machine and putting small weights on them to perfectly balance them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Psygnosis wrote:
    I tried blakes cross and they said the wheels would be 25 quid each to get fitted and balanced what does balanced mean.

One side of the wheel can be a slightly different weight to the other which causes a 'judder' noticeable on the steering wheel at certain speeds. As Henry said they add weights to balance the wheel.

Anyone recommend someone for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Derek Weldon's in Rush should be able to do them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Glen tyres in Balbriggan will do them no hassle and a damn site cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That's excessive imho. €50 all in is about right.

Balancing involves putting the wheels with tyres fitted on a machine and putting small weights on them to perfectly balance them.

I was recently charged €40 for having four tyres removed from a set of wheels, no disposal, no jack used, no balancing- nothing.
    Not bad for 10 minutes work.:mad:

Shop around, some places are very helpful and only ask a reasonable fee ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had two new tyres fitted today, only got charged €15 for the fitting of them.

Any one have a number for Glen motors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Psygnosis wrote:
    Any one have a number for Glen motors.

01 8412099

Hi,
    Glen motors 60 euros which is good this includes balancing any one have a map to them or directions

Hi,
    Glen motors 60 euros which is good this includes balancing any one have a map to them or directions

Advertisement