Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late last night

Options
  • 29-06-2006 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

was it just me dreaming or were there cars screeching and skidding around somewhere in the charlesland vicinity at around 2am last night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I heard it too... The spine road seems to be a bit of a drag strip for the boy racers sometimes.

It may have been a couple of motorbikes, as the revs seems to be extremely high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

I think I heard 'em too.

This needs to be addressed sharpish. The management companies should be putting deterrants in place.
    Anyone got any objections to putting speed bumps down on the spine road???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Cats 'd do too:p

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

I suspect the Mgmnt Co will say they are only responsible for the actual developments - i.e. the Wood, the Grove, the Park etc. Technically the Spine Road is outside of that area.

And seeing as Wicklow Coco dont own the Spine Road, it still belongs to Zapi Developement they will probly say theyre not responsible either.

And as the road isnt covered under the Nat Road Authority then I suspect theres little the cops can do either.... :(

But in spite of that I'm all for the ramps - the speeds that some people are hitting on that spine road at the moment are just taking the p *ss

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yeah - I can't understand why they put ramps at the entrance to the estate but then none on the main road through the estate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

As I understand it....Wyse are solely responsible for the Spine Road. We all pay a premium in Management fees, and part of that is a contribution to the Spine Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

The Yipper wrote:
    As I understand it....Wyse are solely responsible for the Spine Road. We all pay a premium in Management fees, and part of that is a contribution to the Spine Road.

Ur right there....our fees do include the maintenance etc of the spine roads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

they'll put ramps in when all of the development is finished i would say...
    same as in bellarmine in stepaside

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tonyharris999

would this "Spine Road" ye refer to be the road from Eden Gate down to Greystones via the 5 roundabouts ?

if so it is already ridiculously limited at 50 kph when it is supposed to be the thru road from Greystones to the N11.

and now speed bumps ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

The spine road is the road that runs up the centre of charlesland itself with the Big blue sign in the centre of it and all the estates off it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

is the spine road that bad ? i have seen them on the link road alright and heard them there from the house most nights. the sound seems to bounce
    from the appartments over aswell.
    bumps(not too big)and we can get some parking put on the green on the middle so we can see whats comming out from the houses onto the spine road

Advertisement