Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Lidl offers, please?

Options
  • 29-06-2006 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi! Does anyone know whether this rod or anything at all on offer would be suitable for shore angling for those prices? I'm a total (poor) beginner and have got only the interest for angling for now...

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060703.p.Rod

Also, could you give me some advice on where to go for shore angling around Dublin and what I can get?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Nope, sorry, that rod would be of no use to you, its a coarse match rod, which means its meant for very light fishing tackle, would be pretty useless for what you want it for. They'll probably run offers in a few weeks on sea/pike/carp rods, those would suit you better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

saw the price of the rod in lidl and was abut to buy but looking at it a bit closer decided against it

though i did spend about €75 in there for chest waders , thigh waders and a tackle box with a load of floating and sinking plugs plus a nice rig bag that holds all my rods, reels and basic tackle box , reckon i saved myself about €40 on the thigh waders another €80 at least on the chest waders ,about €10 on the plugs and dunno how much on the bag but at €15 it was a steal either way

suffice to say miju's in a good mood this morning

Advertisement