Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommended engine oil for 1.4 Hdi 70bhp

Options
  • 29-06-2006 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what is the recommended engine oil for the 1.4 hdi 70 bhp Engine??,
    I am useing 10w/40 semi-syn recommened from a peugeot Garage, Maybe i should use 5w/30 5w/40 to prevent engine wear at cold starts??
    Looking for advice on this matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Row wrote:
    I was just wondering what is the recommended engine oil for the 1.4 hdi 70 bhp Engine??,
    I am useing 10w/40 semi-syn recommened from a peugeot Garage, Maybe i should use 5w/30 5w/40 to prevent engine wear at cold starts??
    Looking for advice on this matter.

Owner's manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Owner's manual?
    I agree the info will be in the owners Handbook/Manual. Pay particular atttention to the viscosity and ACEA rating. Disregard what peugeot dealers recommend if it's different to what's in the handbook.You'd be surprised at how clueless a lot of people working in the trade are about oils. Old wives tales about brand x being better than brand y, change intervals revised downwards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Thanks for your replys ,I was on to Gowens Dublin yesterday (peugeot distributer Ireland) and they recommened Total 10w/40 Semi-syn and not to use fully-syn ,so i'll stick with the 10w/40 semi-syn.

Advertisement