Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding Ticket Question??

Options
  • 29-06-2006 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Got a speeding ticket today, however (lucky for me) I was not driving the car on this day. My friend from Germany was and he will take the rap. Question is, when I shaft him as the nominated driver (he does not know yet, will call him later) I assume they write to him. What does he need to do then? He pays the fine? What other information do they require from him? I assume his German license number is required?

Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

miftha wrote:
    Got a speeding ticket today, however (lucky for me) I was not driving the car on this day. My friend from Germany was and he will take the rap. Question is, when I shaft him as the nominated driver (he does not know yet, will call him later) I assume they write to him. What does he need to do then? He pays the fine? What other information do they require from him? I assume his German license number is required?

Thx.

You pay the fine - nothing happens to him unless he applies for a ROI licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭miftha

Thx Wishbone.

I rang the fixed charge processing office and they told me just to return the form with the name of the driver, pay no fine, and they would contact them. Surely paying the fine (me) is admitting guilt?

Do they not contact the named driver for his/her details? How do they know who this person is when/if they apply for a ROI license without having their details to cross check?

Confused now !?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The fine is issued to the registered owner of the vehicle - it dosen't infer guilt. A company will be eligible for speeding fines on it's vehicles by it's employees. It's up to the company to nominate the driver and recoup the costs.

Not sure about your other question though.

(Admit it - you were really driving :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

(Admit it - you were really driving :D)

Ja, if only ve all had German friends!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

so if i ever get any points i can just continuosly nominate my uncle who lives in spain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

Can the gardai check if the nominated person was actualy in the country?

Would they bother.

Just out of curiousity like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

I seriously doubt it

Advertisement