Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pink Floyd Album?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Tough question!

I'd have to go with The Wall, followed neck-in-neck by The Final Cut and Wish You Were Here, but it's all good, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

wish you were here has my favourite song on it (wywh) but my favourite floyd album would have to be the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Dark Side of the Moon is an unbelievably good album. Animals and WYWH are favourites of mine, too, but DSOFM beats everything IMO, spent a good 3 weeks just listening to it over and over after I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What always amazes me about Dark Side is the sound qauality, given that most albums recorded in the early-mid 70s tended to sound like there was fluff on the needle, it was stunningly hi-fi. And still is.

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm on my own when I say that for me, The Wall is my favourite, with Dark Side of the Moon a close second.

Not sure why that is, but The Wall was my first Floyd album. May have something to do with it. Of course, the whole album must be played start to finish to appreciate its brilliance. Similarly for DSotM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Marts wrote:

Echoes does not count as an album, nor does Pulse or Relics, these are compilations.
    If you listen really carefully you'll find that Pulse is actually a live album believe it or not.

I'd have to say Wish You Were Here is my favourite album but Dark Side is a better album and gets my number 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

Wish you were here ( for Gilmour's soloing on shine on), followed closely by Dark side, meddle and The Final Cut. I have yet to listen to Animals, is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Animals is Floyds punk lp! Except for the fact Sheep and Dogs are far too long for the spiky haired ethic. The sound is quite raw as Gilmour rocks out with an almost thrashing guitar sound at times.

Lyricly bleak but one of the best album cover stories of all time.

On the front is a giant inflatable pig over Battersea Power Station, it broke loose from the moorings and ended up a hazard to airtraffic Aircraft approaching Heathrow really did report a flying pig! It crashed to earth in rural Kent.

The design team never got a shot off so the whole thing was mocked up in studio, which they should have done in the first place.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

Thanks, i'll give it a listen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Animals

My mint Tesla Model 3 for quick sale

Tesla Model 3 link

• Advertisement
Advertisement