Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublindoorstore

Options
  • 29-06-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Guys,

Anyone bought a door here and assembled the frame themselves? Just looking for pointers on how to do it.

Should it be put together using joints & glue or screws or a combination of both?

Cheers
    Jayo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Is it a molded frame? (Edit: Does it have a door stop attached)
    Are the top and sides cut to size?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

The door is arched and so the top of the frame is arched also. So I have the U of the top of the frame and 4 uprights which I figure are bolted together somehow and the attached to the U part.
    Looking at the u part it does seem to have the door stop edge..

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

If the top is arched then it wouldn't be attached to the sides like a normal door frame which you would nail or screw from the top into the ends of the sides. I'm afraid I'd have to see it to figure it out, the 4 upright bits are a bit of a mystery, are they all the same size? If two are much smaller then they could be the 2 doorstops, which you would put on after the door is hung.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

The 4 upright bits are the 2 sides of the frame I reckon.. Two are slighly thicker than the other 2 , so that maybe they are attached together and the larger ones act as the door stop..

Advertisement