Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What weather equipment do you have?

Options
  • 29-06-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

It will be interesting what kind of equipment we all use to detect or forecast our own personal weather for surrounding areas in which we live.
    If need help setting it up correctly,advice on how to use it or position it properly,like stevenson screens,aneometers,hygrometers,thermometers etc etc i will be glad to assist.

I have Vantage pro2 fan aspirated radiation sheild station with accessories including three temp sensors at different locations,soil,leaf wetness sensors too.

The Boltek ld-250 lightning detector which can be interesting when activity happens.

I am apart of the weather underground,nexstorm and the sole rep for Ireland in the strikestar network,the latter two are to do with lightning detection.
    Are you in any groups etc?

I am in the process of getting my data going live (so bear with me),for everybody to see.

Let me know what you use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Jaysus, thats an impressive list!!

I've only got a mercury barometer, max min thermometer and one of those Oregon Scientific do hickeys with remote sensor.

Some day if I ever can afford a house with garden there'll be another Irish member of the strikestar network and will have a proper Stephenson screen, rain gauge and Heliograph!!..one can only dream :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Any Weather instrument helps Longfield,there is some decent gizmo`s out there for a half decent price,and you dont have to have what i have to get up and running,you would be amazed what i paid for for mine but im just weather mad that i went and done it.:eek:

Snowbie wrote:

I have Vantage pro2 fan aspirated radiation sheild station with accessories including three temp sensors at different locations,soil,leaf wetness sensors too.
    Thats what I have except I dont have the fan aspirator.I wouldnt need it as the station is in a well exposed field.
    It's essential I think though if you are located in a town/city with just a back garden for a location.
    Reason being the ambient temp there is affected by walls,trees and many other things.
    I am in the process of getting my data going live (so bear with me),for everybody to see.

Let me know what you use.
    I can recommend weather display,both their basic stats only web page and the rather nifty almost live WDL flash programme that they use.

Mine updates every 25 seconds or so with moving dials and stuff.The 25 seconds can be 50 seconds depending on what my BB is doing at the time,its a 3mb down and 384k up.

Heres the link

(I was in Barbados last week and it was very pleasing to see the temp at home only 13c when it was over 30c day and night in the carribean :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Thanks EM will try that link.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Where is the best place to get equipment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Volunteer observer for Met Eireann. :p
    They put in Stevenson Screen, max/min wet & dry Bulb.
    Grass min thermometer
    Rain gauge
    Campbell Stokes sun recorder.

In return I take readings once a day and send in stats after each month's end.

In same enclosure I have my own Davis VP 1 with UV and Solar sensor. Have soil moisture and earth temps as well.

Anemometer is 10m up on an old ESB pole. It's interesting when I have to get up to service it...:rolleyes:

↓↓↓↓Link to my site ↓↓↓↓

Advertisement