Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL issues - Lucan

• 29-06-2006 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anyone else in the Lucan area having problems with NTL the last few days? At the moment my broadband is down, my digital tv is unwatchable (loses video and audio for about 5 seconds every 40 seconds or so) and my anaolg reception loses it's signal strength on the same cycle as my digital. Waiting for a technicain to come out (not till Saturday week though) so was hoping the problem might be an area problem rather than just my bloody house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I had problems the other day with my NTL Broadband, I live in Lucan too. I rang tech. support and they told me to reboot my PC & modem, I did this and its fine since. I also asked them to upgrade me to 6MB BB cos I'm already on the highest speed (3MB) but its gonna take till the end of this week for the request to go through. I hope I notice the difference.

Does anyone know how I can check the speed of it?

_SP_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

stephen p wrote:
    I had problems the other day with my NTL Broadband, I live in Lucan too. I rang tech. support and they told me to reboot my PC & modem, I did this and its fine since. I also asked them to upgrade me to 6MB BB cos I'm already on the highest speed (3MB) but its gonna take till the end of this week for the request to go through. I hope I notice the difference.

Does anyone know how I can check the speed of it?

_SP_

If you dont know how, you might not need 6 meg broadband.

krazy_8s wrote:
    If you dont know how, you might not need 6 meg broadband.

I don't know how cos I'm into the "technical" side of the internet or computers in general. I have other uses for a high speed internet connection.
    Thanks for your input though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

Fine for me atm :D

Connection has been fine since they sorted issues at start of this week :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've noticed my speeds vary a fair bit on speedtests. however I can download 4 simulateous files from rapidshare at over 250 kbps. TVhas been fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

stephen p wrote:
    I don't know how cos I'm into the "technical" side of the internet or computers in general. I have other uses for a high speed internet connection.
    Thanks for your input though :rolleyes:

Go to http://ftp.heanet.ie/ and download a Linux Iso. Should give you a good approximation of real life speed.

krazy_8s wrote:
    Go to http://ftp.heanet.ie/ and download a Linux Iso. Should give you a good approximation of real life speed.

Thanks m8

Advertisement