Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new computer business

Options
  • 29-06-2006 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just startin a wee business repairin computers in a small town and printed out a load of flyers with the pull off my number at the bottem! 2 weeks only one call but loads of people have pulled off numbers! done a wee check!! So obviously they are takin them and forgetting them! So I thought hows about a wee promotion or somethin "if you ring before 15th July" type promotion! But what would be a good promotion? Has anyone been through this? What did they do when setting up? Hows business? Thanks a million in advance to the brainy lad who comes up with an answer! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Rather than a piece of paper that goes on a phone pole somewhere, get yourself some small stickers printed and distribute them for people to stick on their monitors - then when their PC goes wrong they have your number

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Tad bit more expensive than paper leaflets but how about a simple mouse mat with your details on it. I know most offices/homes use infra red mouses these days but its a start.

Check out www.alibaba.com for loads of ideas, most suppliers will brand the merchandise very cheaply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

Excellent ideas lads!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

pbarry wrote:
    Tad bit more expensive than paper leaflets but how about a simple mouse mat with your details on it. I know most offices/homes use infra red mouses these days but its a start.

Check out www.alibaba.com for loads of ideas, most suppliers will brand the merchandise very cheaply.

Well that is a fantastic idea!!! Anyone know anyone who does this in Ireland?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

Merrion wrote:
    Rather than a piece of paper that goes on a phone pole somewhere, get yourself some small stickers printed and distribute them for people to stick on their monitors - then when their PC goes wrong they have your number

good idea.

A similar idea would be a magnetic contact for people to stick on their fridges. Do you mind if I ask if its only pc repairs you do? PC repairs is very specific. When your fixing pcs, you could always sell on extra stuff to people new mouse/monitor, extra ram, software etc.

If you have to do a repair for a plumber etc. u could offer to do them a website (u could outsource this quite easily)

Getting business in a small town is going to be hard. Word of mouth is a better marketing tool than any flyer you have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement