Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer? Beer. Also, *beer*.

Options
  • 29-06-2006 1:13pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, new month ahead. Who's up for a couple of pints on the 7th? Provisionally, I'll suggest the Well if the weather's good. Depending how the week goes we can choose somewhere else if need be...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hmm, a cup of coffee you say?

Seriously, dunno yet. Will come back later on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sounds good to me. There's no way in hell I'll be working late this time - in fact I may have an RSI from scratching my arse all day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sounds good to me. There's no way in hell I'll be working late this time - in fact I may have an RSI from scratching my arse all day.

Haha, clearly a man of action then. Hell, if you've not knackered your hand with the arsescratching I'm sure we can arrange something on the night (involving copious pint drinking, rather than anything anyone with a dirty mind- yes, I'm looking at you, adam - might suggest)...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

but but but, filthy minded people come up with such good ideas at times!!

/me demands filth occur

i may be in or i may not, i dont know yet, ill be workin in my old job till 9.45 as always (final friday night there!! woo!) but there's a load of girls leavin my new job (inc a good friend) so i might end up goin to that. i shall know closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Tree wrote:

/me demands filth occur

You are a very strange little girl, lady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I might be around for this one. Seems like ages since I've been out with any of you lot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

You are a very strange little girl, lady!
    Admit it, you love filth as much as teh next chick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

So is it the Franciscan well tonight? I might come along too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yep, unless it rains I say the Well. I'm heading along around 7ish (it would be earlier but I have a website to build which I would have done last night only I was *cough* out in the pub *cough*). Who else is in? Adam, I'm looking in the direction of where you should be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Should really come along as i live only up the road and iv never made a Cork Beers but sadly i must work late.Fore shame................*BEER*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I probably wont be along until around about 8 ~ 8.30ish

I'll probably get there a nose ahead of John : 7:45ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

working, so no can do from me... maybe next months one...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'd be on for beers next week, but not today unfortunately.

Beers next week can be arranged, methinks. Also, I will be a bit late tonight, need to finish putting together a site. grr.

Beers next week could be fun - I've a company BBQ next Friday and that could be getting boring just around the right time.

I'm running late tonight too. I'm on my way out now so John might just pip me to the bar.

We need to have beers the end of the month too, for my birthday. The actual day is the 28th, but I'll be away for that.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'd come along... if I didn't hate you all...

beer next friday and at the end of the month sounds good. beer anyday is goo really

Do Beers always have to be Friday? There's always stuff on on Fridays.

Come along anyway rymus - nothing like airing your grievances over a friendly pint and getting kicked out for fighting.......

• Advertisement

Do Beers always have to be Friday? There's always stuff on on Fridays.
    The day is the organiser's perogative, so you know what to do now! ;)

I need to confirm yet, but it's quite likely I will actually be around on for my birthday now. I'm going to someone's party on the 29th, but it'd be great to kick off Adam's Birthday Festival on the 28th with a pissup in one of the usual locations, or something else entirely. Starting with bowling or quasar was one recent suggestion, instead of consuming gallons of lovely, lovely beer too early. Either way, who's available?

Please note before responding that I'll be wanting presents. Cheaper and tackier the better. And a bouncy castle.

adam

I was going to suggest this Thursday for a few beers in fact. Don't like thursdays generally, but I'm at a work do on friday that's in Glanmire. We could do the Well again or somewhere closer to town. What say ye?

Also, adam : I presume you're aware that you can get bouncy castle churches and the like? You could turn up dressed like Father Jack (Which is about all it'd take to complete the resemblance really, you already drink Toilet Duck and shout "arse! feck! girls!" on a regular enough basis...)

Saturday the 29th it is then!

Through the joys of shift work I'm off on Friday so Thursday's good for me. I'm even thinking of going to Pirates of the Caribbean for a laugh. Also - what happened to our drunken A-Team plan?

Ah, this would be the Drunken A-Team plan that I quite possibly suggested (given my recent minor fixation with them) and then forgot about in a haze of beer, beer, and beer?

Remind me what it is, and I'll tell you what's happening with it ;)

Saturday the 29th it is then!
    Such. A Bitch.

This Thursday sounds good.

Your A-Team concept intrigues me. Please subscribe me to your newsletter.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'm off Thursday!! horray!! and I'll definately need a night out after doing 6 nights straight at work...

As for Friday the 28th, yes, Adam, I will join you for birthday drinks, but don't be expecting a pressie, we can just cancel each others out! I'm off all day, so can start drinking at any time, I think I may also be celebrating the date of my birth on this night (if not this night, the following Friday night)!

i finish work at eight on thurs so im available. just so long as someone remembers to bring me comics as planned then all is good

I think we had proposed trying to sneak into the Shandon Cathedral during the arts festival (this week?) to play the A-Team (original) theme tune on the bells.....then I went to get more beer.

Oh yes, that's been a plan for quite some time. Someone mentioned there might be a charge for getting in there, but the main problem is probably going to be getting our hands on the sheet music and figuring out how to read it...

• Advertisement

I think we had proposed trying to sneak into the Shandon Cathedral during the arts festival (this week?) to play the A-Team (original) theme tune on the bells.....then I went to get more beer.
    I love it.

Advertisement