Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - Am i the first?

• 29-06-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Ok I've had IBB for the past 16months and on Tuesday it died down to 1 ping in 10 working and that was at ~4000ms i.e. was useless. So they came out today and "tried" to fix the issue. I was on 5800mhz (old) and they tried with a new arial (5400mhz) and it wasnt picking up anything... i was on 3rock sector -2-3.

So in the end they just took everything away :(

So am i the first IBB customer who WANTED to KEEP IBB and was forced to have it taken away? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Really Jayus that is weird.. But i'd say your the first alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

why not post on the big IBB complaints thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Those threads are full of ppl that want rid of it, not having IBB take it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Those threads are full of ppl that want rid of it, not having IBB take it away.
    Thats half the problem, IBB just wont take it away :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

FuzzyLogic wrote:

Why did ya get so smartass about the OP's question before your edited that post?
    Your original said:

"are you the first?
    are you blind?
    cant you not see the big massive complaints thread about IBB, with loads of people having your exact problem on this very forum?
    clue: it has hundreds of posts and has been around for ages."

For the record tho this is the first case i've heard of Irish Broadband loosing a siginal after 16months of a perfect one.
    Maybe something was erected in the LOs over the last few months, a crane or a building. Christ even some dense trees that grew a little could cause problems. Sorry man but at least now you can get an ISP with a half decent connection that you'll keep! :D

• Advertisement

Well to be fair i was getting 200k with .... linux iso torrents all the time. I have my suspisions that it may be down to 50-100gb a month trafic? But if they were bluffing about fixing it they were doing a good job.

So im thinking of Magnet.ie but have to wait til Novemenber if i do (~5 months) :(

Edit: As far as LOS goes i cant see it being that as there is a park infront of the house and no new buildings in the area. They said they had the same prob with a customer on tuseday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The problem was probably that sites that were open when you got installed are now filled with people, and have been closed, which means they wont allow any additional associations.

As was said before, couple some closed sites, with trees that have grown, the explosion in crane hire, and building boom, and its not surprising you cant see anything anymore.

syklops wrote:
    The problem was probably that sites that were open when you got installed are now filled with people, and have been closed, which means they wont allow any additional associations.

As was said before, couple some closed sites, with trees that have grown, the explosion in crane hire, and building boom, and its not surprising you cant see anything anymore.
    Your right about the sector being full. He did say that alright.

Advertisement