Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to pick my own number with Vodafone - how to?

• 29-06-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, am signing up with Vodafone in the next month and was wondering if its possible to choose my own number or get something thats decent enough. Do numbers like say "087 99* 5000" have to pay extra upon signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

These are called 'golden numbers', they are kept for high value a/cs. They are only given out to:
    1. High spending SME accounts, through the Business Account Mgr.
    2. Most corporate a/cs, through the Corporate A/c Mgr.
    3. Vodafone employees.
    4. VIP customers / heavily advertised numbers (radio shows etc) through the marketing dept.

If you know anyone working in Vodafone can get you a number pretty easily and they can allocate it to whichever store you want to connect your phone through (each agent is allocated numbers to their agent code).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

depending on how receptive the shop you're going to is, they can email a list of possible numbers to their vodafone contact to see if any of the numbers are available.

There are a couple of nums to avoid ie 087 -8xxxxxx isn't available at the moment as it was something to do with transferring your number from o2 pre porting days.

If you want a specific number PM me and I can suggest a shop you could visit

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yes, the networks are allocated certain number ranges so you can only pick within them.
    The numbers outside the number ranges were used when full number portability was not set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Funky Munky

PM Sent Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Funky Munky

Ya still there Darragh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement