Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using PHP/Stylesheets for dynamic content and centralised navigation

Options
  • 29-06-2006 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking into doing a website but have never used php before and it has been a couple of years since i put anything together web wise. Basically I have a template for my site including side and top menu and i am wondering if it is possible to have these as a base for all of the pages maybe using php or stylesheets or whatever and having the content loaded dynamically after selecting a link from the side menu.

My main aim is to centralise the side menu so i can add, delete links from one central location that will be picked up by all the other pages and to have dynamic content (images) loaded from a mysql DB. I am basically putting together a photography website and want to set it up so maintenance is minimal and that each page has the same layout (Logo, side and top menu) so if i add a new section i dont need to edit each page individually.

Any suggestions/advice on the best way to approach this would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

You could have a look at smarty, http://smarty.php.net/. I've used a bit and its very handy for templates and will do what you want.
    Also, I'm sure there's plenty of other offerings also, but this is the only one I have experience in.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I use EcwCMS for that type of thing.

Advertisement