Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prologue TDF

• 29-06-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Paddy power has some great odds for the TDF Prologue (Strasbourg - Strasbourg). Has anybody got any ideas whos on form or who willl win??

Im thinkin d.millar 8\1 r even big george (hincapie) 10\1, outside bet wuld b R.Verbrugghe 25/1 r even C.Moreau 33/1........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

smithslist wrote:
    Paddy power has some great odds for the TDF Prologue (Strasbourg - Strasbourg). Has anybody got any ideas whos on form or who willl win??

Im thinkin d.millar 8\1 r even big george (hincapie) 10\1, outside bet wuld b R.Verbrugghe 25/1 r even C.Moreau 33/1........

Miller will Do it his hole year has been based around this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Zabriskie is the hot favourite. He won last year's prologue from Lance, with Vino 53 seconds back in third, albeit over a much longer 19k. I can't see Millar getting in the top ten in his first race back. No Cancellara and no Irish (and no Lance, either). Landis and Hincapie will be highly motivated to take over as US top dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Slow coach wrote:
    I can't see Millar getting in the top ten in his first race back...Hincapie will be highly motivated to take over as US top dog.

Good predictions, me! Hincapie for the win now, methinks.

More heads will roll before the end, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

176 starters, the smallest field since '84..

Result of the prologue:

1. Thor Hushovd (NOR) C.A - 7.1km in 8’17"
    2. George Hincapie (USA) DSC at 01"
    3. Dave Zabriskie (USA) CSC at 04"
    4. Sebastian Lang (Ger) GST at 05"
    5. Alejandro Valverde (ESP) CEI at 05"

Hincapie was a mere 0.73 of a second off.. I'd love if he took Le Tour overall, he's been the hardest working member of the peloton in recent years, and sacrificed so much for Lance!

Advertisement