Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Dealer service

Options
  • 29-06-2006 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Quick Question: I have an 04 Ford Focus, bought in march this year. It's due it's second regular service and I want to have it done at an official Ford dealership. How much should I expect to pay for a service in the Dublin area, and what should it include? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Depending on your mileage the second servive is a 20,000 (mile). Oil and filter is changed and every other serviceable item is checked..e.g. pads, discs etc.

It's €175 in most Dublin dealers. A bit ott imo and i wok for a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I wonder is that stamp really worth it. Most main dealers (not all) of any brand/make are hopeless. I prefer to see a good independent stamp than a main dealer. Obviously most people who don't know about cars don't think like that. Unfortunately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thank your lucky stars it's not a VW!

€175 for a main dealer service is a bargain by their standards.

Thank your lucky stars it's not a VW!

€175 for a main dealer service is a bargain by their standards.

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

just dont expect it to be cleaned when you collect it and make sure you talk(book) with them well in advance if you need a courtesy car, some of them will even try and charge you for the courtesy car, not looking at any dealers at the red cow starting with L and ending in illis O'Donnel, a quick reminder that there are three Ford delalers in Tallght, one in Crumlin and one in Rathfarnham usually does the trick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

South Dublin Ford Centre (Cookstown in Tallaght) are very good when it comes to courtesy car, I just got our Mondeo serviced there - interim service cost 170 euro and they gave me courtesy car for the day (06 Ford Focus no less!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭obrien_pa

Cheers for all the responses. I spoke to a mate last night who used to be a mechanic - he said that he'd prefer to go for an independent mechanic - as recommended by one of the posts above.. Once it's a SIMI registered one, he reckons the service would be better as the smaller firms need to ensure returning customers, while the Dealerships don't necessarily care so much?

Anyway, I rang my local dealership - they were trying to charge €265 for the service plus €48 for changing brake fluid (recommended every 2 years for the ford focus?!)

I think I'll be going elsewhere!

By the way, TempestSabre, are there any mechanics you'd recommend in the Dublin area? I'm living near Finglas..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

obrien_pa wrote:
    Cheers for all the responses. I spoke to a mate last night who used to be a mechanic - he said that he'd prefer to go for an independent mechanic - as recommended by one of the posts above.. Once it's a SIMI registered one, he reckons the service would be better as the smaller firms need to ensure returning customers, while the Dealerships don't necessarily care so much?

Anyway, I rang my local dealership - they were trying to charge €265 for the service plus €48 for changing brake fluid (recommended every 2 years for the ford focus?!)

I think I'll be going elsewhere!

Check elsewhere. I thought there was a fixed price service menu?

I'm in Blanch so dunno about Finglas. Ask around your friends and family. But as often people who are into cars know nothing about them, ask people who who are actually knowledgeable about cars rather than just into them. Try and find someone who is recommended. its only a service so see how it goes. Theres bad independents too.

• Advertisement

Check elsewhere. I thought there was a fixed price service menu?

Yup there is a fixed service menu price, that they also have to have advertised in the showroom.
    Ours is clearly marked at €175 and that price (265) is just absolute rip off.

..hence the phrase ..."main stealers"

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

I remeber a few weeks ago Fort motors in Walkinstown (Cromwellsfort Road) were doing special deals on Ford servicing - it was adverstised in the "Metro" free newspaper (max. 4 weeks ago). I seem to remember it said free valet also. Ring them and ask how much and say you saw a special in the paper - that might change their response.

nice one. cheers for the pointers.,,.i'll investigate a bit further.

Advertisement