Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need BB advice

• 29-06-2006 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

ok we have a company , with new software coming into us , not we have to run a Webserver + FPT server on site , and need a fast line , we were looking at SDSL and leased lines , at the moment we have 4mb Eircom business line it ok , but the up load will not be fast enough i think

SDSL with BT according to them is not in are area , Leased line is Kinda expencive , but we will go that route if we have to , if there any other option available out there at the moment , that i might have missed ?

1/1 contention ratio would be nice , this is what SDSL and leased line have

company is based in Bluebell in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 paddymacwack

What about getting another DSL line in just for the web/FTP server ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

ive thought about that , but the upload speed would stil be slow if there was a number of customers on it at any one time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Best Bet is to ring a Business ISP - Netsource, BT, Eircom etc.
    Tell them what you need and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

jeawan wrote:
    if there any other option available out there at the moment , that i might have missed ?
    Why host the web/ftp server at your office? You can lease a server in a data centre for about the cost of a DSL line, and your customers will get lots of upload bandwidth. Then you can download from the hosting site to your office on a DSL line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Foxwood wrote:
    You can lease a server in a data centre for about the cost of a DSL line, and your customers will get lots of upload bandwidth.

Yeah I agree outsourcing to a hosting site is another idea.
    Blacknight.ie and Hosting365.ie are all good for this.

I have 3 companies setup on blacknight.ie
    Never had a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Foxwood wrote:
    Why host the web/ftp server at your office? You can lease a server in a data centre for about the cost of a DSL line, and your customers will get lots of upload bandwidth. Then you can download from the hosting site to your office on a DSL line.

we would but we have to host the server here , it links into another server on site and they both have to on site , other wise we have it at a Data Centre , which we would of prefaired

Advertisement