Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Perfect Jeans for moi?

• 29-06-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need some advice from ppl who know a bit about jeans/designer jeans. I have trouble finding jeans that suit/fit me well but if i did, i wouldn't mind paying a bit more for them. I'm 5'0''sob...) and a size 12-14 depending on the shop/style. I would like a dark pair either bootleg/slightly flared that are low-rise at the waist or at least don't come up really high (say just below my tummy button). I'm sick of trying on jeans in petite ranges, mostly unflattering and not very cool. But would prefer to get a pair i don't have to shorten as i think it def ruins the look, i'm a 30'' leg.
    Any advice on best brands/shops to investigate would be very very welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Marks and Spensers do a great range of jeans - I am 5ft 2 and their short size fits me perfectly, they have ranges that suit all figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I've bought M+S jeans before, i'm not mad about the way they cut them. They come up very high at the waist, baggy at the hips, i just don['t like them really.
    I was more asking about brands that are a bit more top-end, worth shelling out on. I heard somewhere there is a brand called AJK, for curvy ppl...
    Anyone else help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i'm sure you can get levi's in 30 leg. also moto jeans in top shop. or even Awear jeans and new look jeans can be a nice fit too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Have you tried Miss Sixty or Diesel? These are a great cut and if you get them in the right size, they'll really flatter your figure, you sound like you have long legs (I'm 5ft 8" and I'm only 32" leg) so I'd say they'd look great on you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

try dorothy perkins... i buy all my jeans and trousers there... great fit and they do short, regular and long lengths aswell as a petite range

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Dorothy perkins have nice kick flare jeans which seem to flatter my slighty 'stubby' apperance... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭edengarden

i have the same problem (short leg) - have never come accross a pair of Miss Sixty jeans that would fit. I usually buy my jeans in top shop the only problem i find is when you bend down they gap at the waist giving a builder's bum. Some of the catalogues also do petite sizes in the leg for curvy girls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi, I am 5ft 1 and i know what you mean its awful having to tak eup things. I managed to get 2 pairs of jeans to fit - one was from diesel and they were only about 40 euro, the others were from 'kaberet' which is in dunnes stores in the square and they are lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Thanks Siogfinsceal! I think a lot of ppl didn't read my post properly, i am FIVE FOOT NOTHING! Anyway thanks for diesel and kabaret tips. I already said i was looking for info on unusual/designer brands, as i'm very familiar with high street jeans, have tried 'em all. Yes top shop have either builders bum or the bum won't go into them at all as they're so low-rise! Sorry I don't like Dorothy Perkins jeans at all. I have Levis and 1 lovely River Island pair i love but now that shop is doing mostly straight leg jeans, i'm stuck! Anyone heard of AJK, i heard somewhere they were good for petites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I'm just over 5 foot and I wear Tommy Jeans (i get them on sale in Arnotts). They have a 26"/28" leg. They are very comfortable also. Did you try doing a google search or e-bay to find trousers you wont have to alter? altered jeans just dont hang right or look the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

A girl I used to go out with had a 34" leg, was 5ft3 and wore a size 6 in clothles! Now that used to be a real nitemare for her to find jeans!

Advertisement