Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im about to be fired!!!!

Options
  • 29-06-2006 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Ok,

I have s script that works fine on my testing server but i have now loaded it up to the remote server and i cant seem to connect to the database. The script i am using is the same as other scripts i have used and they work fine.

The error im getting is:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in D:\hosting\washtec.ie\httpdocs\washtec_scripts\transact_user_upload_job.php on line 13

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in D:\hosting\washtec.ie\httpdocs\washtec_scripts\transact_user_upload_job.php on line 13
    Could not look up user information; Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

The database connection script is:
    [PHP]<?php

define('SQL_HOST','localhost');
    define('SQL_USER','username');
    define('SQL_PASS','password');
    define('SQL_DB','database_name');

$conn = mysql_connect(SQL_HOST,SQL_USER,SQL_PASS)
    or die('Could not connect to the database; ' . mysql_error());

mysql_select_db(SQL_DB,$conn)
    or die('Could not select database; ' . mysql_error());

?>[/PHP]

The hosting company are saying its a problem with my code but i cant see how seeing as how its the same script im using on my testing server and other sites that work fine.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Got it sorted, 5 hours later. The bloody file reuest was pointing to the domain url instead of pointing to the folder with a ../ infront of it. Why this makes a difference i dont know!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Freelance job or full time job?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Gordon wrote:
    Freelance job or full time job?

Freelance. i was being melodramatic when i said i was going to be fired but i was getting it from all angles. Anyway, alls well that ends well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

As long as you get the money man, who gives a f*ck?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

hehe, i like it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

That's, erm, a dreadful attitude.

Advertisement