Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT Sale - buy anything nice?

• 29-06-2006 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Anyone been? What did you buy? Just purchased THE MOST BEAUTIFUL pair of Marc Jacobs black peep toes with a 5-inch, rather phallic heel. ;) I feel slightly ill and light-headed with excitement. They are simply gorg!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Dudett

Didnt know brown thomas was having a sale.

Was in the Arnotts sale got a few nice things.. Sales are great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

does this include bt2? i somehow doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I should imagine it does. Sale started on Tuesday so I'd imagine it's the other stores as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The selection in Cork isn't great, so I'm going to have a make a trip up soon. I think this year that I'd like to get a handbag.

To be honest Dudara the handbag selection isn't great on sale items in BT. Had a quick scoot but then I wasn't looking for a bag today. (Although I got a GORG Marc Jacobs bag last year too!!) What type of bag are you looking for? The shoe selection this year here really is amazing though!!! I'm size 6 in shoes and normally a couple of hours into the sale they only have size 3s or size 8s but the selection is just gorgeous and really serious bargains to be had!!! Beautiful lingerie too with 30-50% off most items :)

• Advertisement

I got my Miu Miu's in the Shoe Salon at Christmas, and the selection is so much better than Cork. I'm a size 3-4, so I often pick up bargains. I did see a lovely pair of white Dior shoes in Harvey Nichols London. I wonder if they're in Dublin....

You lucky girl, I love Miu Miu's!! Like I say, really good selection of shoes left so I wouldn't be suprised if they have them or something similar. Wouldn't want you having a wasted trip from Cork so may be an idea to give them a buzz first!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Miss Fluff wrote:
    To be honest Dudara the handbag selection isn't great on sale items in BT. Had a quick scoot but then I wasn't looking for a bag today. (Although I got a GORG Marc Jacobs bag last year too!!) What type of bag are you looking for? The shoe selection this year here really is amazing though!!! I'm size 6 in shoes and normally a couple of hours into the sale they only have size 3s or size 8s but the selection is just gorgeous and really serious bargains to be had!!! Beautiful lingerie too with 30-50% off most items :)

Yeh well if your special (like me) and you get to go into the sale on the Monday when BTS was shut down you get to see all the good stuff...

I got the best pick of what was in the sale because i was there before everyone else,got a savage chanel bag for half price.unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Got a pair of Marc Jacobs blue satin 4" heel loafers that I had been eyeing up for months - they were 50% off so I was rather chuffed :D The Louboutins I wanted weren't even in the sales, and the Fendi buckle shoes were only available in a size 3 though :(

I didnt' think the shoe selection was that great though - apparantly over half the stock went in the pre-sale the night before. I'm so getting on the mailing list for the Christmas sale.

Yeh well if your special (like me) and you get to go into the sale on the Monday when BTS was shut down you get to see all the good stuff...

ahh so you got the mass mailed invitation aswell? hehehe :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

dudara wrote:
    The selection in Cork isn't great, so I'm going to have a make a trip up soon. I think this year that I'd like to get a handbag.

Yeah, I was in there today. Unimpressed, I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Pardon my ignorance but how do you get a presale invite?

Scraggs wrote:
    i'm on their mailing list and the only way i think they got my address was i bought a wedding present there for someone over their online wedding list thingy and took my address from my credit card infomation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Scraggs wrote:

As far as I know, you can go up to their help desk and ask to be put on it.

i thought the monday thing was just for people with Brown Thomas credit cards.

i thought the monday thing was just for people with Brown Thomas credit cards.

well that's what it said on the invitation that i got but i don't have a brown thomas credit card and the only other way i can see them getting my address was when i used my AIB credit card to buy a wedding present for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My mother has a BT card she's slightly miffed she didnt get an invite..perhaps I should've kept my trap shut:D

SHe didnt get one?!!! And then there sending invites to people who dont have cards?!! that is gas.

Normally get an invite but have just moved address. I was asked a few years ago if I wanted to be put on their mailing list. As Cremo said, half the country seems to get one though.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I thought that sale was hilarious - I was in Dublin on Monday, took the motherinlaw for lunch at Mackerel in Bewleys. The MIL is on the BT invites list but had left her invite at home. We were pootling past after lunch and she expressed an interest in seeing what was on offer - but got turned away at the door.

I thought it was funny, not in a "ha ha, you didn't get in" fashion, more that a high street department store would open its doors in normal trading hours and then turn people away at the door. I still can't believe that a shop, whose very purpose is trading, would turn customers away, especially when their invitation process is such an indiscriminate mass mailing!! It's not as though you have to have a minimum spend with them to get on their mailing list, so it's really exclusivity for its own sake.

Exclusive customer events are best conducted outside trading hours (e.g. 6-9pm), accompanied by sparkling wine and nibbles.

I have some mates who work for the major banks in London on the trading desks, and their companies organise exclusive customer days as a reward for them. One example - LK Bennett shuts its doors to the public one afternoon and the girls are all brought in, given bubbly and nibbles and then asked to select a pair of shoes. The shoes are rung up at the till and the bank foots the bill. LKB agree to it on an exclusive basis because they value the bank's custom (and they're guaranteed to shift a pair of shoes per girlie, after all). Plus the girlies, feeling so well treated, then return to LKB at a later date and accessorise out of their own salaries.

Any normal LKB punter gets to the shop, the doors are locked, there's a polite sign on the door apologising for the inconvenience, but that the store is closed for a private event and will reopen in the morning. Inside, there's obviously an exclusive party - normal punter goes away disgruntled, but certainly not feeling as though they "didn't make the grade".

• Advertisement

I got the invite alright, I've been on their mailing list for years now, but couldn't make it due to work. It's a pity because the presale day can be pretty nice.

I've got about €250 to spend, either on shoes or a killer handbag. I'll just sit tight now until I can get to Dublin.

I have some mates who work for the major banks in London on the trading desks, and their companies organise exclusive customer days as a reward for them. One example - LK Bennett shuts its doors to the public one afternoon and the girls are all brought in, given bubbly and nibbles and then asked to select a pair of shoes. The shoes are rung up at the till and the bank foots the bill. LKB agree to it on an exclusive basis because they value the bank's custom (and they're guaranteed to shift a pair of shoes per girlie, after all). Plus the girlies, feeling so well treated, then return to LKB at a later date and accessorise out of their own salaries.

I'm moving to London AND I'm taking up a career in trading, lol :D The lucky girls!!!

I thought that sale was hilarious - I was in Dublin on Monday, took the motherinlaw for lunch at Mackerel in Bewleys. The MIL is on the BT invites list but had left her invite at home. We were pootling past after lunch and she expressed an interest in seeing what was on offer - but got turned away at the door.

Thats weird becuse me and my mum forgot our invite and simply just said to the woman at the door,oh weve a BT card,didnt even have to show it to her and she was grand.

Thats weird becuse me and my mum forgot our invite and simply just said to the woman at the door,oh weve a BT card,didnt even have to show it to her and she was grand.

All they want is an invite or the card. Either will get you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

I didn't know they were having a sale!!!! Aaahhhhhhhh!!!!! :eek:
    I must get a BT credit card so I can get on the mailing list, I seen the sales last year, but unfortunately couldn't afford to get anything, but I'm off on Tuesday and I've just got a bank loan!!!!! Yayyyyyy!! Does anyone know are the Chloe boots they had a month ago for €650 in the sale??

dudara wrote:
    All they want is an invite or the card. Either will get you in.
    all im saying is i could have just been anyone saying i had a card,they didnt check. dont think they care that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sure - maybe if the MIL had persisted, but she just said "oh I've left it at home" and the girl stared at her blankly and said "well..." so the MIL about-faced and left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I too wasn't too impressed with their sale. I got a pair of gold Jimmy Choo's with the highest heels I've ever worn and I'm a high heel gal, a Dior bag and Diane Von Furstenburg dress during the Xmas sale. Wasn't impressed with the bag selection- they have out a lot of the crap that didn't sell at Xmas. There's one bag- it's a pink and white YSL leather bag and it's manky. It's stained and dirty and I know that it's been thrown out in ever sale for the last 2 years, so wouldn't bother going back for this sale again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

yeah i always get one of those invitations but rarely go id spend a fortune- even if the stuff is half price its still cheaper to get stuff on the internet

• Advertisement
Advertisement