Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k750i joystick

• 29-06-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

just heard off the grapevine that there's a place in sandyford that replaces the k750i's joystick for free if phone is under warranty. is this true?

would they also flash off the ugly vodafone firmware off my phone? obiviously this second part wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Cremo wrote:
    just heard off the grapevine that there's a place in sandyford that replaces the k750i's joystick for free if phone is under warranty. is this true?

would they also flash off the ugly vodafone firmware off my phone? obiviously this second part wouldn't be covered under warranty.

The Mobile Phone Repair Company (MPRC) is in sandyford.
    http://www.mprc.ie/

If its under warranty the repair/replacment should be free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahhh sweet, would you say if i dropped it in to them early tomorrow they'd do it there and then?

also it could do with a bit of a clean inside the screen they'd be able for that aswell yeh?

i might aswell get the works done on it whilst it's there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cremo wrote:

All K750i's have 24 month warranties afaik, so all should still be in warranty unless damaged by the user obviously.

I got mine done there for free, so yes they will do it for free, as part of the service they clean all the dust out anyhow.

They don't do it while you wait but if dropped in in the morning, it will be ready for collection in the afternoon, at least thats how mine was.

They will update the firmware but only as it is..ie latest Vodaphone or standard if you are running standard. I'd imagine they would put regular firmware on for a fee - probably cheaper to do it yourself - you can buy the update and software for €10 on the internet and is pretty simple to do (you can even flash it to W800i firmware if you like as the changes between these two models are cosmetic only), you just use the standard usb cable you got with the phone

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd prefer having someone do firmware for me as you know things can go wrong.

yeh i'd like the regular firmware on it cause with the vodafone one you don't get the other games sony give you like that fighter jet plane one, plus vodafone one is ugly. :p i don't mind paying a fee for it i assume it would be cheap enough and not something ridiculous like 40-50 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cremo wrote:
    i'd prefer having someone do firmware for me as you know things can go wrong.

yeh i'd like the regular firmware on it cause with the vodafone one you don't get the other games sony give you like that fighter jet plane one, plus vodafone one is ugly. :p i don't mind paying a fee for it i assume it would be cheap enough and not something ridiculous like 40-50 euros.

If they want 40-50 euros, give me a shout and i'll do it for €25 while U wait ;)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I'll do it for a packet of biscuits, el oh el! :p

I also need my joystick cleaned... no my K750 one! (ya perv)
    Bu Sandy ford is too out of the way, where can I get it cleaned nearer to Clebridge?

Advertisement