Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting MFC and ATL for Visual C++ Express edition

Options
  • 29-06-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I'm working on a project in Visual C++ Express edition, as I'm too broke to buy a proper edition. However, Express does not come with the include files for the Microsoft Foundation Classes, which I need to build my project. I've tried using the files that come with Visual C++ 6.0 but they are causing errors. Anyone know how I can get around this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

As far as I know the express editions came with the source of MFC and ATL, but did not contain any binary builds of them. I think they did supply make files, and it may be possible to build them.

Would you not be better to buy a standard edition of VC++, you'd definitely pick up one for under €100.

Advertisement