Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

I hate coffee, never drink the stuff. I would have 1 cup of Tea a day though at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

used to drink more, if i drink too much i get shakes and feel sick in the stomach
    now i just have one at 8am, then a cup of tea at 10
    and maybe later on, on occasion ill have one if im feelin tired

usually have coke at lunch or somethin tho and that gives me the caffinee i need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

About 2-3 espressos, plus another 2-3 coffees. In the evening though, I switch to herbal teas. Green tea with grapefruit is a current favourite. I also drink about 3 litres of water a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

About 4 or so. I usually have a coffee first thing in the morning to kick start the brain - none of that instant stuff mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

None. I wouldn't drink that crap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd usually have one cup when i start work (be it morning, noon or night...)
    then another an hour or two later.

never really drink any more than that unless i'm recovering from a monster hangover...

i bought a packet of coffee a month ago for home and haven't even bothered opening it yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A few in college, that's about it, gotta stay awake if I'm in there. None during the summer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

Haha after 40mg's of Ritalin and about 6cups of coffee a day I am like a knew pin every day! Need the stuff to concentrate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

aerocell wrote: »
    Haha after 40mg's of Ritalin and about 6cups of coffee a day I am like a knew pin every day! Need the stuff to concentrate!

Edit: Not really worth an 18 month bump.
    Don't think the Coffee & Tea forum even existed that long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I need a zero option, can't stand the stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

None. More of a Coke man myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

None. I hate tea, I hate coffee. 2 litres of pepsi max a day though... I should get that checked out. How likely am I to die?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

No zero option?

I'd drink a couple in the morning, particularly when it's cold and I'm looking forward to getting into the nice warm office with a cup :)
    But I'd prefer not to rely on it to keep me awake - if I'm drinking more than one a day consistently then it's time to get more sleep/fruit/etc
    Maybe 4-6 hours sleep isn't enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I average well over 10 a day, easily, and I've cut down. Does not affect my sleep at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I sometimes have a cup at lunchtime. Although I only had one this week. Didn't vote.

Drink tea even less. Last cup of tea I had was a good few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

One cup on the way into college, one on the way home from college...

Then its tea in the evening for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

the dee wrote: »
    None. I hate tea, I hate coffee. 2 litres of pepsi max a day though... I should get that checked out. How likely am I to die?

I can guarantee that you WILL die, when, I don't know.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A few in college, that's about it, gotta stay awake if I'm in there. None during the summer etc.

I stopped drinking it at all shortly after that, so no tea or coffee for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Zero 4 me. Tea all the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Zero, more or less. Might have a coffee occasionally but don't have any most days. Don't drink tea either, horrible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Drink a lot more tea than coffee, but between the two drinks, about 8+ cups a day I would say. Mmmmmm warm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

1 latte in the morning on my way to work

then tea for the rest of the day, hmmmmmmmmmmm tea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Zero, more or less. Might have a coffee occasionally but don't have any most days. Don't drink tea either, horrible stuff.

You must teach us coffee-haters how to drink less than 0 cups - teach us your wisdom!!!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Where's the option for none? Coffee sucks. I would drink tea once in a blue moon but I prefer cold drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I only drink coffee when I'm literally "going for coffee" so maybe just one or two cups a week. I don't like instant coffee but I just got a craving for a cup before I read this thread (caffeine craving probably due to alcohol still working its way out of my system) so I'll make myself a cup of Kenco Colombian - instant but good as instants go.
    I'm gonna try to cut out tea from tomorrow (the amount of caffeine in it seems to be well underestimated - funnily enough a cup of coffee wouldn't keep me awake at night but a cup of tea definitely would). My current tea consumption is five or six cups a day - that's way too much.

Advertisement