Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffy!

• 29-06-2006 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

This is the biggest legend of a TV show ever!

If you've never watched it, dont let the cheesy name put you off, just watch some of the good episodes and Im sure you'll like it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

\0/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Must look it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

whats a buffy. ive been in a cave with my eyes closed for a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

this thread is so 10 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

abetarrush wrote:
    This is the biggest legend of a TV show ever!

Pfft. It's no Airwolf. Or McGuyver for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Gentlemen episode was on today

Some of the best television ever!

Best television ever? uh.. it was a lot better before it turned into a teen drama, load of self obsessed **** talking about their feelings while they occasionaly fight vampires or whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mordeth wrote:
    Best television ever? uh.. it was a lot better before it turned into a teen drama, load of self obsessed **** talking about their feelings while they occasionaly fight vampires or whatnot.
    I agree... I got real bored... real quick with that series despite liking it a lot when it first started.

yeah, me too.. I did get back into it a little bit when they brought dawn into it

mm.. dawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i always preferred Angel, the tv show tbh

but yeah seriously buffy the vampire slayer is nearly a decade old:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

My favourite episode has to be the one with the living ventriloquist dummy. So bloody funny.

i prefer angel too.. or at least I did up until this year.. because I hadn't watched it in 5 or more years and had maintained in my head a neat little fantasy of it being a somewhat dark and interesting show.

it's on tv every night here in canada.. since moving here I have revised my opinion. It's good, and it's better than buffy.. but it's still a show for twelve year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Firefly ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mordeth wrote:

I concur.....except I thought that of Buffy since Episode 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Someone told me Buffy is a metaphore for a gay guy trying to come to terms with his sexuality... sounded plausible the way he described it!

Ah I enjoyed it, but prefered Angel, similar but darker.

Angel is actually a metaphor for a lesbian trying to come to terms with her penis. So yeah... a bit darker.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There was a couple seasons towards the end when the guy who created buffy went off to deal with other projects, thats when it went all soapy... But there where some deadly moments before then. Ten Years? Crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Angel FTW. Better jokes and good last episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Whats Buffy? i think i heard about something by that name?

:D

seriously? who hasnt heard of Buffy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Still a great Buffy fan. Sure there was a lot of “Teen Drama” crap, but there were also great story lines, comedy and action.

Some of the “team drama” had its moments too…

Like when Buffy compared growing up to cookie dough, that eventually she’ll be cookies. Then the uncomfortable moment when angel wanted to know if he’d be around to eat her…a couple of coughs, a few blushes and they changed metaphor… :D

• Advertisement

I personally liked Oz's line when they were discussing parties.

Oz: How about a hootenanny?
    Someone else: What's a hootenanny?
    Oz: It's a whole lot of hoot and just a little bit of nanny.

Oz was pure class. One great scene was when Buffy kicked a park bench to pieces in a fit of temper, his reaction was classic…

“On the plus side you killed the bench, which is good, it was looking kinda shifty”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

K_user wrote:
    Oz was pure class. One great scene was when Buffy kicked a park bench to pieces in a fit of temper, his reaction was classic…

“On the plus side you killed the bench, which is good, it was looking kinda shifty”

That was hilarious!:D He always had great lines.
    I actually always preferred the other characters to the 'main' three ie Buffy, Xander and Willow.
    Spike, Oz, Anya, Giles, Andrew and Cordelia were funnier and more interesting.

I think the development of the support characters was one of the things that made the show great. It wasn’t just about the main person, or the main people, but everyone. As the show grew, so did those around the core individuals.

On the whole though Buffy remained my favourite character. Ok some SMG bias played a part. ;) But wimpy and inclined to speeches as the character was, the way the she was written, acted and developed made for excellent viewing.

Apart from her good self, Spike was the business. He was just the best all rounder. :D

Oh man, when Spike was pretending to be Xander's Irish cousin I could have wet myself. Haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Spike: All those people, walking around like Happy Meals with legs.......

:D

Spike: “You never heard Caesar saying, I came, I saw, I conquered, but I feel really bad about it!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Spike is a legend. Brilliant character.
    I loved the way his character developed during the years up until the final Buffy episode. Who would have guessed he would turn into a hero?
    I loved it when they made him a regular on the show. He had some of the best lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

spike was a great character in the show but he turned in such pussy during it.

• Advertisement

spike was a great character in the show but he turned in such pussy during it.
    Ah not true! Spike was always a p*ssy. :D We saw that in this flash backs. He just had this "cool" persona.

"About yea high, dark hair, goes by the name of Faith, complete psycho, I like her already"

Advertisement