Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merge two boards accounts?

Options
  • 29-06-2006 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

I recently remembered the password to my first Boards account, from some time in the last century (ok, late 90s). Is it possible to merge that account and this one so I have the name and post count of this account, but the creation date of the old one?

Yes I know its anal!

Matt

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Nope
    it's not possible.
    Also,
    it's very bold to have two accounts on boards, a bannable offence in fact.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    So...
    which one would you like me to ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Beruthiel wrote:
    Nope
    it's not possible.
    Also,
    it's very bold to have two accounts on boards, a bannable offence in fact.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    So...
    which one would you like me to ban?

What? Ive finally got the search to find something and I see DeVore, Cloud and ecksor have done this in the past for people, with no issue...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152541&referrerid=59211&highlight=merge+account
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71195&referrerid=59211&highlight=merge+account
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=186448&referrerid=59211&highlight=merge+account

The old account name is Kodachrome and Im not looking to have two Boards accounts, its that very thing I want to rectify.

Matt

Well now.
    That's news to me.
    Things have changed in the last two years, now, if we catch a poster using two accounts we ban them, this is due to the fact that boards is a much bigger site and the amount of extra muppets out there taking the piss.

You'll have to PM one of them and see what they have to say, as they are the only ones who can do it.
    Prepare for a long wait though, these guys are very busy and get an awful lot of PM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Accounts merged - just happened to be passing by - post count increased by a massive 3....

Beruthiel - I think you should ban him anyway.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Vexorg wrote:
    Accounts merged - just happened to be passing by - post count increased by a massive 3....

Beruthiel - I think you should ban him anyway.

V.

Just seen this now, thanks! Guess I escaped the banning stick too! ;)

Matt

• Advertisement

Matt Simis wrote:
    Guess I escaped the banning stick too! ;)

I don't know if you have actually.
    I am going to have a think about whither or not Vexorg was joking.
    If I decide he wasn't.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Joking.. I dont know the meaning of the word.

eegggcellent :D

Advertisement