Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear mech/gear hanger help.

Options
  • 29-06-2006 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi.
    I managed to snap my gear hanger and im trying to find a replacement.Iv tried crc but no luck.Anyone got any other idea of places to try.My bikes a da bomb cr8 by the way and iv tried the da bomb website.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Thanks guys.Iv tried them but no luck.Iv tried they irish distributer aswel but they said to try the english distributer but they couldn't remember their name.Any idea who they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

where did you buy your bike?

in fairness you should pick up the phone monday morning and hassle the place you bought / the manufacturer until they tell you where you can buy a derailleur hanger - the hanger is designed to bend/break to avoid damage to the frame/mech so should be replaceable, ... i've never heard of "da bomb" but i assume they are a reputable company...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Advertisement

I dont think its any of them.Ill have a better look tomorrow.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ash h wrote:
    Hi.
    I managed to snap my gear hanger and im trying to find a replacement.Iv tried crc but no luck.Anyone got any other idea of places to try.My bikes a da bomb cr8 by the way and iv tried the da bomb website.
    Thanks

hi i am new here and know a bit about bikes, what type of derailleur do you have??? because shimano sis derailleurs come with a hanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Ash, Cycleways sell those frames so bring the bike into them and ask them to get you one. It shouldn't cost you more than 30 quid - Make sure they give you a part number so you can order direct next time you need one! ;)

Thanks gil dub i tried them but they dont sell the hangers and he couldnt tell me the name of the english distributer caus he couldnt remember their name.
    Maybe if i got talking to a different fellow he'd be able to get me one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

you could modify a hanger that is a close match with a file

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

ash h wrote:
    Thanks gil dub i tried them but they dont sell the hangers and he couldnt tell me the name of the english distributer caus he couldnt remember their name.
    Maybe if i got talking to a different fellow he'd be able to get me one.

Well, why not contact the manufacturer directly then and ask for help or offer to send them a US bank draft if they can accept an order directly for the hanger. Tell them you can't find anyone here who can hook you up.

In case your bike's been repainted, you'll ID your frame type here:
    http://www.dabombbike.com/pro_frame_projectile.html

Then email: info@dabombbike.com

Be nice and polite - If they won't accept a direct order, explain how stuck we are for special order stuff here in Ireland and ask them to either point you towards a european stockist who can fulfil an order or maybe even refer them to the betd.co.uk site and ask them if they can pick out a suitable hanger for you. I'd imagine they're using the same hanger another manufacturer would use too....

If they're a small company, chances are they'll be helpful if you're nice to them.

Gil

Ok thanks for all the advice Gil Dub ill e-mail them now.

Hi.
    Just thought id let you know how i got on.I took your advice gil dub and e-mailed da bomb bikes.The person i got talking to asked me for a picyure to prove my bike was a da bomb.When i e-maileds him a picture he said he'd send me the hangers for free.Then i was on holidays and when i came back i found that two gear hangers had been sent to me for free.
    Now thats what i call good customer service!
    So thanks for the advice gil dub.

Advertisement