Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daft Punk - Nice one

• 29-06-2006 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭

Playing Marlay Park 25 August. Tix on sale 14 July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

**** yeah!!!!!! :D
    you just made my year dude

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adebisi

Indeed, woo, and may I say hoo also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Holy shít!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

Fantastic news :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Its such an amazing coup for budrising, that gig is gonna be amazing.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm there :cool: if it's half as good as the Basement Jaxx/Underworld/Mylo gig last summer we are in for a treat...

would be interested to see who they pull out of the hat for support...
    i wouldn't even give a crap if it's Andy Whitby tbh, but it could make the difference between being a ****ing awesome gig and being the greatest gig ever:)

tman wrote:
    would be interested to see who they pull out of the hat for support...
    i wouldn't even give a crap if it's Andy Whitby tbh, but it could make the difference between being a ****ing awesome gig and being the greatest gig ever:)

i doubt it'll be the best gig ever but it should be good,if half as good as last summers Baement Jaxx as i said it should be deadly...:cool:

• Advertisement

have you heard the live at coachella set yet?
    if that's anything to go by, it will be (imho)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

ill scrap the plans for global gathering. i nearly bought 2 tickets last night for it. close call:D :D coachella live mp3 is savage. great sound quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

OMG I'm so there! Fukin go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cant wait for this! gonna make a fortune selling tickets on ebay for 10 times their face value to complete morons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Amazing news! The Coachella set is one of the best I've ever heard.

What acts have been supporting them at their other shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

for some reason roots were next to the article on the mcd site.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Has everyone forgot that Daft Punk are now rubbish? Anyone expecting something alone the lines of 'Alive' will be sorely disappointed. Do expect lots of robot kiddies screaming:"buy it, fix it, drop it, look at it, were fookin great"

chern0byl wrote:
    Has everyone forgot that Daft Punk are now rubbish? Anyone expecting something alone the lines of 'Alive' will be sorely disappointed. Do expect lots of robot kiddies screaming:"buy it, fix it, drop it, look at it, were fookin great"
    i was seriously disenchanted with them until i heard the live at coachella set... give it a listen if you haven't done so already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

chern0byl wrote:

Dunno if you've heard the Coachella set but it is far better than the quality of stuff on Human After All.

Inspired mash-ups of stuff from all three albums.

I'd like to see Justice supporting them (or any of their myspace friends really: http://myspace.com/daftpunk )

As far as I can tell, this is the only solo gig they're playing? (ie- not part of a festival, I know it's Bud-rising, but still)

i heard their coachella set, and it was everything i expected having heard alive

mind numbingly boring, pedestrian, emotionless, soulless muck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭harryballs

Helix wrote:
    i heard their coachella set, and it was everything i expected having heard alive

mind numbingly boring, pedestrian, emotionless, soulless muck

agreed on the coachella, although i liked alive

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

Cant wait for daft punk!Absolutley obsessed with them...It's goina be my highlight of the year without doubt!

You know one thing though...regardless of how bad the music may be there is one thing that will make a concert legendary and thats atmosphere. Thats why i can go to Take That or Robbie Williams and really enjoy meself and another thing that is for certain is that the atmosphere at this gig will be amazing.

/when do tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

chern0byl wrote:

14th July

chern0byl wrote:
    You know one thing though...regardless of how bad the music may be there is one thing that will make a concert legendary and thats atmosphere. Thats why i can go to Take That or Robbie Williams and really enjoy meself and another thing that is for certain is that the atmosphere at this gig will be amazing.

but take that and robbie williams are both excellent pop acts, with extremely good pop tracks

tman wrote:
    have you heard the live at coachella set yet?
    if that's anything to go by, it will be (imho)

That mix isn't up to much at all actually,in fact it's not particulary good at all and if that's what they are like now i don't think ill bother going to this gig....:confused:

daft punk are a myth

thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

how many tickets can you buy in one go?

With the world cup over, and the premiership not on till start of august i need sort my finances out. I know its usually 4 tickets per person yea? Its per person and not per adress yea? So i can order from everyone i nthe house who has a credit card and still get 4 off each?

id say itll be 4, 6 or 8

i shall be buyin the maximum

these tickets will be goin for 250+ on ebay, coz its their only worldwide solo show thats not a festival

and yeh mick you can do that

ill be usin 4 diff credit cards

• Advertisement

Helix wrote:
    but take that and robbie williams are both excellent pop acts, with extremely good pop tracks

Thats true but i generally fookin despise anything they do. The atmosphere, your mates, the women and the drink makes a gig. Daft Punk are dire these days but i know this gig will be fun. Worth the money imo.

Helix wrote:
    id say itll be 4, 6 or 8

these tickets will be goin for 250+ on ebay, coz its their only worldwide solo show thats not a festival

Happy days. Must remeber to wake up nice and early on july 14th.

Happy days. Must remeber to wake up nice and early on july 14th.

im goin into work early that mornin, in for 8, so ill be gettin paid to buy those tickets lol

good too see the tax payers money being spent well!

Helix wrote:
    id say itll be 4, 6 or 8

Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭aidan kelly

Helix wrote:
    id say itll be 4, 6 or 8

What an arsehole.

I hope it doesn't sell out and your stuck with them.

****ing parasite.

• Advertisement

what can i say lads, i would normally be totally against that sort of carry on

but hey, daft punk are absolute pish so im doin this for 2 reasons, 1) for easy money, and 2) to laugh at the gimps wholl pay stupid amounts to see one of the worst acts on the planet

and as for it not selling out?

get real man

The smell is only foul.

Helix wrote:

but hey, daft punk are absolute pish so im doin this for 2 reasons, 1) for easy money, and 2) to laugh at the gimps wholl pay stupid amounts to see one of the worst acts on the planet

and as for it not selling out?

get real man

I'd be very naieve to think there won't be people like you buying tickets for this gig, there is for every gig, so you probably don't deserve the rath of my opinion of this sort of thing, but your justification is even worse than what your doing. And the fact you say your not normally into that sort of carry on is rubbish, if you weren't you wouldn't be doing it, end of. I hope you don't get any tickets, or get a small amount, seriously.

Helix wrote:
    i distinctly remember you doing the same thing for one of the oxegens:p
    they don't call him "Knacker Nelis" for nothing

ah i only thought about doin it for oxegen, i didnt

sure i sold an oxegen ticket for face value there last month

• Advertisement

I'd be very naieve to think there won't be people like you buying tickets for this gig, there is for every gig, so you probably don't deserve the rath of my opinion of this sort of thing, but your justification is even worse than what your doing. And the fact you say your not normally into that sort of carry on is rubbish, if you weren't you wouldn't be doing it, end of. I hope you don't get any tickets, or get a small amount, seriously.

tell ye what, if you dont get one, ill sell you one for 150

bargain

unlike helix i have no problem doing this to people. If people are too lazy get their own tickets on the day they are released they can pay the price.

hahah straight and to the point as always mick

ebay.fr will be a surefire winner for tickets anyway

im sure therell be a good few frenchies who'll wet themselves to go to this

and lets face it, who cares about rippin them off

when you put it like that...:p
    i'll prolly buy 4 tickets myself, but would rather give the spares to mates at cost price

If my mates need tickets i wont shaft them out of one. 150 for mates would be a fair price.

Dont worry either boards memebers. I have no problem giving you lot a 10% discount if you miss out on tickets.

:D

Thats a hard choice, Make an Irish fan happy or screw over a french person.......... Mmmmmm thats a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Right, i'm new to the board, but i'm just wondering what makes you all so sure this is going to sell-out?
    I mean i can't believe they are playing in ireland in the first place but i'd say this won't be their last show completely, and there are other places they are playing in europe!!!

Anywho i'll be first in line to get a ticket friday week!!! WAHEY! :D

Aidonin wrote:
    i'm just wondering what makes you all so sure this is going to sell-out?

are you for real man???????

this is the only non festival gig theyre playing, in probably their last ever tour

every daft punk fan in europe is gonna want to go to this

Helix wrote:
    tell ye what, if you dont get one, ill sell you one for 150

bargain

Gentleman.

Besides, I'm not so sure it will sell out, or sell out that quickly anyway. They played in France last Friday, and they are doing some shows in Europe, so its not as if this is their only European date. I will be online at 8am on the Friday morning to get my tickets, but I can't see it being one of those gigs that sells out in 20 minutes of anything like that. If it sold out on that day I'd be very surprised, I think people who genuinely want a ticket should get one, and the stragglers can go to you Helix and pay over the odds, either way I think everyone should be accommodated.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Gentleman.

Besides, I'm not so sure it will sell out, or sell out that quickly anyway. They played in France last Friday, and they are doing some shows in Europe, so its not as if this is their only European date. I will be online at 8am on the Friday morning to get my tickets, but I can't see it being one of those gigs that sells out in 20 minutes of anything like that. If it sold out on that day I'd be very surprised, I think people who genuinely want a ticket should get one, and the stragglers can go to you Helix and pay over the odds, either way I think everyone should be accommodated.

I agree with you, it deffinately won't sell-out in a day, marlay park is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE and while daft punk have a good fan base, it's actually kinda niche and not everyone likes them, they're also not going to be offering anything different to the rest of the gigs they've been doing so far. It will be them (well...we think) in a pyrimid with the exact same set we've probably all downloaded by now, oh and i'm convinced this won't be the last we will have seen of daft punk live.
    Still i can't wait and i suppose the support act, whoever it is, will help sell it out eventually!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement