Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Daft Punk - Nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Roddy23 wrote:
    I got mine. Mate got them in sound cellar. Would ye say they'll still be on sale by the end of today?

Yes. Despite the insane rantings of a lot of people this gig was never likely to sell out in a matter of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Zascar wrote:
    WoHoo - I got mine!

Who esle is going? Maybe we should get a Boards.ie meet up!
    just ordered mine too
    gotta love the wonders of the interweb:)

myself and Garth_V are gonna be heading, no harm in getting a few more heads together though.
    none of my friends seem interested, despite me caning the **** out of the live @ Coachella set at every chance i get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

It might not sell out in minutes, but if the queue outside ticket master in the Green is anything to go by, there wont be any left by lunchtime!

Got 2 myself btw :D
    KevIRL wrote:
    Yes. Despite the insane rantings of a lot of people this gig was never likely to sell out in a matter of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

got mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Got mine mine too! WAHEY!:D
    That's good to know there was some sort of a qeue for these this mornin'.
    But maybe if they don't sell-out, MCD might try a bit harder for a good support act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭aidan kelly

Well there was some amount of **** talked about it selling out in minutes, but it hasn't, and I strongly suspect it won't sell out today. Look at Radiohead, they are a band with much more popularity than Daft Punk, and they took a few weeks to sell out Marley Park, so comparatively, I can't see Daft Punk selling out any quicker than Radiohead.

Helix, your prediction was way off, and I seriously doubt that you'll get the €150 you thought you would for a Daft Punk ticket, and by the way, I have mine so I won't need to buying any from you, but thats for the offer, much appreciated ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

Look at Radiohead, they are a band with much more popularity than Daft Punk, and they took a few weeks to sell out Marley Park, so comparatively, I can't see Daft Punk selling out any quicker than Radiohead.

valid point but this is their last tour...One of them is deaf according to my mate Dave down the pub :mad:

support is crucial ot making it an amazing gig. nothing better then making a day of it instead of strolling in at 8 or so...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

They better sell out, I've got 8 of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

its their last gig on their last tour apparently

wonder what their last song will be!!!

Yeah, word of mouth it's not going to sell-out at all, (i hope you didn't max out the 4 credit cards helix. although if you were touting, you probably deserved it.)
    People always over-hype these things, daft punk are pretty big within a certain group of people, but like i said, others just like them cause of one more time or around the world and are not willing to pay 50 euro to see them alone!
    I got 5 and i'm still regretting it, but i'm pretty sure a few friends will buy them off me.... i hope.

T&#225 wrote: »
    wonder what their last song will be!!!

Have you not heard it already?
    Don't want to ruin it for you........but it's a mix of human after all/superheroes/rock n' roll and it's the sweatest thing you've ever heard.

Just too bad we'll know that's the end when we hear that!

i only went for three so i've one spare. glad now coz i'd contimplated 7 or 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

herobear wrote:
    its their last gig on their last tour apparently

If that was definate, and they were saying it on the ads and stuff then yeah it would sell out alright, but not many people know it could be their last ever show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Aidonin wrote:
    Yeah, word of mouth it's not going to sell-out at all, (i hope you didn't max out the 4 credit cards helix. although if you were touting, you probably deserved it.)
    People always over-hype these things, daft punk are pretty big within a certain group of people, but like i said, others just like them cause of one more time or around the world and are not willing to pay 50 euro to see them alone!
    I got 5 and i'm still regretting it, but i'm pretty sure a few friends will buy them off me.... i hope.

If you werent going to tout them why did you buy 5 when you didnt need them?

Cause i was presuming they would be sold-out, which would mean loads of people i know wouldn't get tickets to this. Not alot of my friends are die-hard daft punk fans but a few of them would go since it's during the summer and on a friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if you knew loads of people who want to go why are you regretting buying 5 of them? Surely loads of your friends would be buying the tickets off you wether it sold out or not. So it shouldnt make a difference.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

few of my mates ain't got money this week either an want me to buy them tickets. but they're the type of lads that wouldn't bother with them, and don't wana go buyin them if i have no chance of getting rid of them,

if you knew loads of people who want to go why are you regretting buying 5 of them? Surely loads of your friends would be buying the tickets off you wether it sold out or not. So it shouldnt make a difference.

I'm pretty sure they will buy them off me, but u really never know with my friends sometimes. I only regret buying them because i'd rather my friends be getting them themselves, but i'd also rather not going alone and i know i'll be waiting weeks for the money to payed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

still not sold out

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Still not sold out. Wow, some people were very very wrong in their estimations. I bought 8 tickets cause I thought loads of mates would not get them in time, but most of them did. I don't think ticketmaster do refunds, so now I'm stuck 5 of them... If anyone has yet to buy theirs I'll sell you one for €45 - €10 less than online price

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

thread has to be locked.. think it can be re-opened in a weeks time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

thread unlocked

Great! Thanks Kev.

So going by their myspace pages, Justice and Digitalism will be supporting.

Someone mentioned DJ Falcon also.

Still not sold out.

mcd r t3h gh3y lol!

anyone else as pissed off with ticketmaster as myself?
    i ordered my tickets on the day of release (14th iirc) and only received them today.
    would expect to recieve a decent service after paying the best part of €6 extra per fecking ticket!

Yeah I only got mine on Tuesday.

I picked the standard cheapest mail option for them though.

i checked my order online a couple of weeks after i placed it, was still showing as "printing" then... bunch of ballbags

I'm gona give you some ridin at this tman

bring it on, OJ:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

dj falcon would be great. ever heard his ep. on roule?? excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

dj falcon would be great. ever heard his ep. on roule?? excellent.

he's pretty good live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

he remixed cassius . La mouche. went on for ages. but great remix .
    i remember playin it in gpo, was warmin up for ted, i enjoyed my mix, but i had to hold back.

tman wrote:
    bring it on, OJ:p
    haha, oldskool sytle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Can't wait for Daft Punk, and then an after party with Altern8 in town :)

Thomas Bangalter gave an interview after the Belfort show, these two questions were interesting:
    Q: I've noticed that the tracklist is quite the same as in Coachella, but with some changings.
    TB: Indeed, same tracklist, but a lot of new effects in each live, with different sounds. The pyramid Showlight has changed a bit. We've made few adjustments in order not to produce the same each time.

Q: Any information on the DVD?
    TB: We don't know yet what we'll do exactly... there will definately be a DVD but that will be less good than the live. It's impossible to have the same feeling on the DVD, especially the Show Light. The lights we wanted to be represented are badly retranscrit on video. We've seen it on "YouTube", that worst than in live time! But that'll be a great souvenir, like a postcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

A note for anyone know is going to the Daft Punk Concert before the Altern8 gig:

If you keep the stub of your ticket you will be able to get into the Altern8 gig for 10 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Thoreas

I feel great about it, it's true, 'alive' is not going to be on their playlist but... it's not chicago, it's not London but It's ****ing 'Avin It.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Was alive not on the coachella set? I wouldn't say that anyway, from that set they could play anything. Can't Wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

CTRob wrote:
    A note for anyone know is going to the Daft Punk Concert before the Altern8 gig:

If you keep the stub of your ticket you will be able to get into the Altern8 gig for 10 Euro.

wheres that on ?

Belvadere Hotel
    There's a thread about it in the Clubbing subforum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

tman wrote:
    Belvadere Hotel
    There's a thread about it in the Clubbing subforum

hmm. I aint familiar with Altern8. Could be good after daft punk. Got any parties for afterward tman? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

i know they are not sold out, but i have 2 tickets for 50 euros a pop, Dublin area, PM if ya want them.
    Has to be before the 23rd of august, going away then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Isnt Green Velvet playing after in Town?

Yeah, Green Velvet and Altern8 are playing separate gigs afterwards.

MSTRKRFT are playing the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

So is DJ Falcon confirmed? WHo else is playing support?

digitalism aswell