Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick question regarding Toyota Avensis

Options
  • 29-06-2006 7:29pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Sorry if this shouldnt be posted here, please move/lock if need be. Hopefuly I am in the right place!

Im driving a 03 registered Toyota Avensis and as of late, CDs are starting to skip in the CD Player (at random tracks). Its not the CD beign scratched, as iv tried old and new discs, and the same happens. Any ideas what could be causing this? :S

Also, any suggestions for getting the smell of petrol out of the car? I filled a small container of petrol and it turned over in the car and leaked a bit - smelling the car. Iv taken out the mats and left the window open, but the smell is still very strong. Any ideas?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here, and I apologise if this shouldnt be asked here. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the CD unit may just need cleaning.

If your car is under 3 years old, Toyota will give you a replacement unit, providing the damage hasn't been caused by kids sticking stuff in the slot etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

CD - as per colm_mcm.

Smell of petrol - just leave the window open as much as possible and eventually it will go away. Leaving the windows open on a warm, breezy day should speed things up a bit

Apparently soaking the area that the petrol spilt with vinegar gets rid of the petrol smell. I can imagine you'd leave a vinegar smell in its place though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cheers lads, been a great help.

Can you recommend any brand for the CD Unit Cleaner? Its not happening frequently, just various per CD. Sometimes doesnt happen, sometimes does. Weird really.

Everythings going wrong with this car, iv to break lights gone in the last few weeks, I cant get the bumper to fit on (it came loose after the car wheels locked in a Car Wash, unfortuanately me panicking result in scratching of the paint work and bumper). Iv just had a lot of bad luck recently. :/

Some of my friends were saying that Fabreze (sorry for the spelling, its that cleaning spray that removes odours) does it - as it wont "disguise" the smell, it will remove it. Iv kept the windows open a bit, and I do when im driving to, but its poor weather here so no warm weather to help ;)

Dont think febreeze would sort out petrol smell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You can't use regular CD cleaners on slot loading units, taking it out and cleaning the lens manually is the only way.

Advertisement