Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System of a Down on Hiatus!

• 29-06-2006 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

http://www.systemofadownonline.com/ scroll down a bit
    System Of A Down guitarist Daron Malakian has told mtv.com that the band's headlining stint on this summer's Ozzfest will be the last time in a "a few years" that they be appearing onstage together under the System banner.

well this sucks, i hope to buddha they play here before they stop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tbh they havent released anything worthy of owning since Toxicity. Not a great loss really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I liked Mezmerise, but not Hypnotize. What's the harm in them going on hiatus for a year or three? There's nothing worse for a band than trying to squeeze another album out if they're not ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Aard wrote:
    There's nothing worse for a band than trying to squeeze another album out if they're not ready.
    Zigactly

*ahem* Steal This Album *ahem*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big system fan myself, heard this before, sad news :(

Wasnt mad about steal this album, hypnotise or mezmerise at first, but they grew on me...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

i started to dislike system less and less after listening to mezmerise.....i dont like darrens singing at all...he should stick to backing vocals....serj is the better singer and leave it the way that the first 3 albums were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Zigactly

*ahem* Steal This Album *ahem*
    I really found that album grew on me.

Very good in places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

The last two releases from them made me lose interest.

Hopefully if they come back, they'll get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Huge system fan here , But if pushed Id have to say hypnotize and mezmerize didnt exactly do it for me , I still think their fantastic and all the rest but I found those albums a little lacking compared to the first three.

Love to see them live though , Hopefully the break wont be for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

Ye may find this interesting:

System of a Breakdown?
    Blabbermouth reports: Launch Radio Networks reports: Despite repeated assurances that their forthcoming "hiatus" is not a break-up, SYSTEM OF A DOWN reportedly acted like a band on the brink at the opening day of this summer's Ozzfest last Thursday (June 29) in Auburn, Washington, about 30 miles from Seattle. According to MTV.com, the members of SYSTEM arrived at the venue in separate tour buses. Guitarist Daron Malakian "seemed to be struggling to keep up with the rest of the band" and improvised lyrics during the first few songs of their performance. During the song "Lonely Day", while looking at vocalist Serj Tankian, Malakian crooned, "Such a lonely day, hanging out with the band/ This motherf***er, I can't stand."

A source at SYSTEM's record label told Launch not to read all that much into last Thursday's events, adding that the members have traveled on separate buses for a while now.[see full story for more]

Full Story - http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=54710

Sounds ominous....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I hope to god they're not finished. I've yet to see them live and I'll be gutted if I don't. I really like Mezmerise but Daron could lay off a fair bit on the singing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I really like Mezmerise but Daron could lay off a fair bit on the singing
    Agreed

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Well i knew the end was near when they started singing 'banana banana banana terracotta pie'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RockFest

Yeah, Steal This Album was a very good album. Highway Song is unusually catchy, also was Mr. Jack.

Therapy!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Mezmerise is the only album i like from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

this isnt really news, we knew it was coming. i liked some stuff off SOAD & Toxicity, everything since then is pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Probably for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Just as long as they don't put out any more songs that sound like greek wedding songs. I'll be glad they take a break and then come back with something as good as they've done in the past.

As for the last two tries, Daron's singing completely ruined some of the songs for me. He should have stuck to doing what he does best i.e. not sining. Fair enough if he wanted a go but a song or two would have been tolerable.

Advertisement