Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Johnny Parisi Relaesed

• 29-06-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

From WWE.Com:

Johnny Parisi Released
    June 29, 2006

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to an agreement on the release of Johnny Parisi. WWE wishes Johnny the best in all future endeavors.

from top-rope.com:

Parisi signed a developmental deal with WWE in 2005. He made his WWE debut on the July 31st, 2005 edition of HEAT. Parisi only won one match during his WWE stint, and that was in his debut match against a local wrestler on that particular episode of HEAT. Parisi was pretty much relegated to jobber status by the following week as he lost every single televised match he took part in.

Parisi was taken off television in November due to a knee injury. He also broke his nose in a match with Val Venis on an episode of HEAT. His injuries eventually healed as he made a few appearances in Deep South Wrestling in 2006, but he was never brought back up to the main roster. Parisi had the dubious distinction of being the only WWE wrestler to never appear on his brand's main show. Parisi never once appeared on an episode of RAW.

Also, it was reported back in October that Triple H had no clue as to who Johnny Parisi was even though he was on the roster for a few months at that point. Triple H later apologized and even called Parisi on the telephone while he was at home nursing his various injuries.

Parisi was the thirteenth wrestler to be released by WWE in 2006 (not including the six mini wrestlers released in March). Other former WWE wrestlers released in 2006 include Juventud Guerrera, John Heidenreich, Cowboy Bob Orton, Antonio Thomas, Romeo Roselli, John Toland, Chad Wicks, Rosey, Palmer Canon, Orlando Jordan, Road Warrior Animal, and Goldust.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Why did they even bother havin him this long? The first appearance he made was at ONS last year, I thought they'd at least give him some sort of push. They gave him a new character and everythin. Hope he gets on ok, I remember bein mildly impressed with him a good few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can I be the first to give the stock line for any wrestler released by WWE - I think he would be a great asset to TNA :rolleyes:

The only thing that surprises me about this is with the new ECW, he could have went into that, considering that is where he made his name. No great loss as he was never used, but hopefully he will do well in the indies.
    Other former WWE wrestlers released in 2006 include Juventud Guerrera, John Heidenreich, Cowboy Bob Orton, Antonio Thomas, Romeo Roselli, John Toland, Chad Wicks, Rosey, Palmer Canon, Orlando Jordan, Road Warrior Animal, and Goldust.

I love the way these dirt sheets try make the WWE look bad with crap like that. Okay, some of them were released by the WWE for various reasons, however the two I have highlighted quit or asked for their own release. The insinuation made in the line above is that they were all sacked, when that is clearly not the case.

gimmick wrote:
    Can I be the first to give the stock line for any wrestler released by WWE - I think he would be a great asset to TNA :rolleyes:

He probably would do well there actually. Haven't seen much of him in the last couple of years, but if he's improved then he must be decent. He's alright on the mic too, stupid character he had in WWE though. Having said that, I don't think TNA should sign him yet, and I don't think they will

gimmick wrote:
    I love the way these dirt sheets try make the WWE look bad with crap like that. Okay, some of them were released by the WWE for various reasons, however the two I have highlighted quit or asked for their own release. The insinuation made in the line above is that they were all sacked, when that is clearly not the case.

Just noticed that, stupid alright. Just thinkin..it says "Parisi had the dubious distinction of being the only WWE wrestler to never appear on his brand's main show". Has the Basham that went to Raw (Danny I think?) ever appeared on Raw? I don't think he has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Fozzy wrote:
    He probably would do well there actually. Haven't seen much of him in the last couple of years, but if he's improved then he must be decent. He's alright on the mic too, stupid character he had in WWE though. Having said that, I don't think TNA should sign him yet, and I don't think they will

Lads, Parisi was in TNA for ages before WWE. His contract ran out and he jumped ship. He was Johny Swinger and he was mainly a tag team wrestler with Simon Diamond and Glenn Gilberti. I dont know if TNA would be in ahurry to sign him back up because 1. he jumped ship very quickly and 2. Simon Diamond is having a slow schedule for the summer so probably no hope of a reteaming, especially with the Diamonds in the Rough team going on.

TNA was goin through a bit of a rough patch back then, I wasn't enjoyin it much at all. I think that now if he went back there, he could do well enough if given a decent push and a better gimmick than his one in WWE. He's not the worst wrestler around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Oh yeah, he's pretty solid in the ring but I dunno if TNA would be in a hurry to sign him back so quickly what with the talent theyve acquired since then. Same happened with Kazarian. He was promised the world and after being a Velocity regular he took off with no fed interested in him. And Kazarian is one hell of a wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

at least once a month i take a quick glance at the raw and smackdown superstar pages on wwe, there seems to be alot of superstars jumping shows these days. anyway there are a few superstars i dont even know and johnny parisi was one of those guys. i dont even know what he looks like.
    i reckon vince should clean up the locker rooms of raw and smack down. i would if i was him.
    i was up late last monday night and i saw abit of heat. jim ross (was on heat) did anyone notice the way he was talking about rob conway. i wonder are they going to make him big some day, i reckon he would be good on the mic. lets face it to be big in the wwe you have to talk. some like the undertaker can get away with it, but only some.

Advertisement