Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 Port Switch

Options
  • 29-06-2006 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for a 32 port 10\100 switch. I can only seem to find 24 ports on the net....the switch I have at the moment is 32 port but it only operates at 10mbps, I want to upgrade to 100mbps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I haven't seen a 32-port Ethernet switch for a long time - they're not all that common. The standard sizes are 24 and 48 port. You'll probably have to get 1 x 48 port or 2 x 24 port and uplink them (preferably over gigabit).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

The switch I'm using at the moment is a bit of a dinosaur alright.....is there much of a price difference between a 24 and a 48 port?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

They still make them (Intellinet, Cnet and Cisco for example). But I don't know where you'd get the first two in Ireland, and the Cisco costs two and a half grand! Just buy a 48 port one instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

My advice would be to take a look on www.dabs.co.uk. They'll have a big stock of networking gear so you can get a decent idea of what is available in your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I've got switches from www.elara.ie at reasonable prices too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Everyone iv been talking to recommends dell managed switches on cost and functionality. Thats if ur after a business solution. As for 32 ports ammmmmm ur going to just have to go up in port numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Does he want a managed switch though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Does he want a managed switch though?

I dont know but at that price who can argue:D

dont say me :-)

Advertisement