Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest Place To Buy GHD?

• 29-06-2006 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Howdy,

My girlfriends birthday is coming up and she's kind of been hinting at wanting one. She said her straightner is terrible.

Anyway, im sure some of you know a lot more about them than me. So where's the cheapest place to get on or offline? Am I also open to other brands or models which are as good as GHD's. Or are you just paying for the name? Thanks

EDIT - actually she said something about COBRA, does that ring a bell with anyone. anyone know that brand. better/worse/same as GHD

EDIT (2) - is it true that you can only buy GHD in salons. if so how much are they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Depends on her hair really. If she has curly hair that's difficult to straighten, the GHD is the best as it's the hottest straightener on the market. If she has semi-straight hair that just has a bit of a kink in it, then a lesser model might do.

I got my GHD's from HQhair.com and it was by far the cheapest at the time.

Just noticed that she says hers is terrible - if she's bought herself one before and thought it would have been good, maybe the GHD really is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pmk19

thanks rainglow, her hair is probably semi straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

She said hers is terrible...sounds like the hint was "I want a hair straightener, and not a cheap one either but a GHD!!!"

She said hers is terrible...sounds like the hint was "I want a hair straightener, and not a cheap one either but a GHD!!!"

yeah pretty much..i think im getting better at reading the signs:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

which means buy anything but a GHD at your peril !

• Advertisement

which means buy anything but a GHD at your peril !

lol....ok so any other places to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I got mine in Peter Marks. Dunno where else they are sold. y the way mine Bwent on fire and nearly burnt me alive and i got a Remmington one on sale for E29 and it is excellent. Gets the same as a ghd (and i am a fan of the GHD even though it did spit fire at me) and i have curly hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

rofl..
    and i am a fan of the GHD even though it did spit fire at me

quote of the day for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

rainglow wrote:

I got my GHD's from HQhair.com and it was by far the cheapest at the time.

i got mine there too, was the cheapest i could find at the time too, over a yr ago now i think.

i had tried remmington and ther types but the GHD is by far the best, 20 mins with the GHD did the same as over an hour with other ones..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

If your in Dublin go to Terrisales on Abbey Street, you will be able to get hair straighteners there, that are of a great hairdressing standard and they can advise you the best ones to get. Its a hairdressing cash and carry by the way. :D

If you can afford it though, I'd get the GHD's, mine were around €200 and they're the ltd edition pink ones, if you can get these from Peter Mark, she will love you forever trust me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

my friend got a GHD in petermarks for E155 and its fantastic! I was gonna get one but its a bit too much for my budget so are there any that are as good and if so cud you please tell me the full name of the product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

As posted above, hqhair.com is really good and cheaper to buy a GHD there than in Peter Mark, I bought mine there, would recommend them

Got one a new one from ebay in the end!, worked out slightly cheaper than hqhair.com around 120e including delivery but not the paypal charge. thanks for all the comments though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Kinda amazing the way GHDs haven't gone down in price at all....I got mine 4 years ago for €155, and they're still that price. Mad. It is the hottest and therefore the best straightener, but you can't ever leave it switched on or plugged in because it's very tempermental. Some people's have exploded within weeks, but I'm very careful, I even put it on the fireplace to cool down. But yeah, Peter Marks only....and the internet.

The Remmington doesn't get as hot, and I find it kinda bulky and harder to use. But it works if your hair is somewhat straight, and not too thick. It's around €30, and it's in most Boots and places like that.

The KUDO, or something like that is also dirt cheap compared to the GHD, and it's almost as hot. It has settings for thick and thin hair also...

Advertisement