Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most horrifying thing in the world!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heh..

.. clearly taking the piss with the spooky writing saying "pickles" applied over the screen when she visiting the "horrifying" pickle factory

Not for the faint-hearted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

that is just nuts beyond belief !?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

bahahahah!

that cant be for real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Heyes wrote:
    that is just nuts beyond belief !?!

alot of people react the same way to spiders that can't possibly do them harm. is this more nuts then people with spider phobias?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

tuxy wrote:
    alot of people react the same way to spiders that can't possibly do them harm. is this more nuts then people with spider phobias?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

tuxy wrote:
    Yes, spiders are not tasty and delicious

(at least the ones we get in this country)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

tuxy wrote:

Pickles are inanimate. Spiders aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

eehhh... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

that's gotta be taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 champagne

Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

And that is why america is doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

No way is that real. What a freak!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

my brothers friend is scared of oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

if it's not for real it's just stupid... if it is for real it's still stupid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We are all laughing so much, it feels so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

if it's not for real it's just stupid... if it is for real it's just stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Thats ****in cruel!

I know its hilarious and stupid but them weird phobias are true, and they're basically just takin the piss out of her

Thats harsh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I know someone with a phobia of fruit actually, its a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

there isn't much hope for someone who can't overcome a fear of pickles, wait till she learns of the dark and spiders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

It's funny, but I'm afraid.. nay.. petrified of mustard... But that's a long story.

It'a sort of a wierd phobia, and I know some people who are scared of fruit too.

it is quite strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

the whole point of phobias is irrational fears, in fairness there are a lot of things people I know profess to be scared of that I think is ridiculous.

Being afraid of an insect or spider that is neither poisonous nor dangerous is as stupid as being afraid of a pickle. Just because one phobia is more prelavent than another does not make it any more sane. All phobias are, by their nature, irrational and usually stem from some subconscious event in the victims past that scarred them.

Still seeing somebody run from a plate of pickles does make good tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

ffs. americans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

L31mr0d wrote:
    the whole point of phobias is irrational fears, in fairness there are a lot of things people I know profess to be scared of that I think is ridiculous.
    I may laugh at this but I laugh at most phobias, like how freaked out people are by little spiders and such...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's funny, but I'm afraid.. nay.. petrified of mustard... But that's a long story.

mustard eh, that must be a totaly unique phoiba
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4PwVhlSvs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭Archeron

L31mr0d wrote:
    Being afraid of an insect or spider that is neither poisonous nor dangerous is as stupid as being afraid of a pickle.

Pickles dont crawl across your face when you're asleep, nor do they hang upside down from the ceiling over your bed waiting to greet you as soon as you open your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

It sounds strange but its not uncommon.. I know a guy who's got a fear of sweetcorn and always has had.

We got a lounge girl to walk up to him in a bar with some sweetcorn in her hand and you should have seen his reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Archeron wrote:
    Pickles dont crawl across your face when you're asleep, soon

How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭Archeron

petes wrote:
    How do you know?

Ah, now thats a seed of doubt I really dont need planted in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Archeron wrote:
    Ah, now thats a seed of doubt I really dont need planted in my mind.

Sleep with one eye open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Panda wrote:
    ffs. americans.

It's not "American stupidity". It's a phobia, a psychological disorder, which can affect people from anywhere. Just as there are those with more understandable phobias - i.e. rats, there are also those who have a phobia of buttons or shoelaces. There was a guy on a TV documentary on this very subject who was absolutely petrified of beans. It's bizarre, but it's a reality.

Advertisement