Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotty and JRT missing from Swansea-Cork ferry

Options
  • 29-06-2006 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Crossposted

Scottish Terrier - dog (neutered)
    Small. Black /very dark brow. Slightly shaggy breed - hair cut ie. short
    back, shaggy tummy and legs. Left front leg slightly twisted. 10 kilos, 11
    inches. 4 years old. Microchipped435F364365 . ID tag.
    Let out of kennel on Swansea/Cork overnight Ferry, on 27/28th June. He was
    either thrown overboard, or stolen and smuggled out in a car.
    Contact (email) emacdougall@mac.com or (phone) 02838961 or (mobile)
    0879227988 in Ireland until July 7 then London 0208 347 0737

Also:

**apparently another little dog disappeared from kennels on the top deck [of the same ferry]. A white and black JRT (sorry no more details).

Staff told owners that at 1am both dogs were wandering around and put back in their kennels, at 4am staff confirmed seeing Angus in his kennel, but at 5.30am both dogs had disappeared.**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Were they missing when the ferry docked or did they escape when the ferry docked? I'll keep an eye out for them as I'm not too far from the ferry terminal.
    You you want me to go over and look for them now or is it just a general notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

They were missing when they docked... :( If you could have a look around for them it would be much appreciated. The owners are heartbroken and fear they have gone overboard or stolen.

Sarah :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Oh God, thats a shame, I hope someone finds them and they're back with the owners soon. :(

I put word out around Ringaskiddy and Carrigaline today, if I hear anything I'll let ye know.

Thanks a million, JY!

• Advertisement

Would you consider getting on to 96FM or RedFM and see if they would include it on the news or something considering the circumstances and all that, its certainly an unusual situation and I'm sure they might help out if you plead that the dogs belong to people over here on holidays.

I think dogslost.co.uk are already working on it. I have been in contact with Galway FM and they agreed to broadcast it tomorrow afternoon just in case the dogs were brought to the West.

Thanks!

I'd say try Cork too because its more likely to find them around here if they jumped ship or went overboard they might have swam ashore...its worth a shot anyway.

Update on the descriptions of 2nd Dog

Here are the details of the 2nd dog that went missing from the Swansea to Cork Ferry crossing on 28th June 06.

Jack Russell Terrier Type
    Neutered Male
    9 years old
    Short, smooth, White coat with Black patch over one eye, grey dappling on ears. He has a pink wart on top of his head.
    Wearing leather collar with tag stating full contact details.

Owners can be contacted on 01733 750692 or 07890 193779

Advertisement