Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneers percentage

Options
  • 29-06-2006 11:03pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

What % does an auctioneer take? Who the highest and whos the lowest? Do you have to pay extras on top, like advertising in papers and on myhome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

In Dublin area, 1% plus about €330-350 for marketing expenses would be the norm.

Down the country, you have to haggle, 2% would be about the average I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I'm paying 0.9% plus 400 advertising with Finnegan
    Sherry Fitz were charging 1.4% plus 400 advertising
    Remax were charging 1% all in.

AFAIK Sherry Fitz and Remax charge different depending on where you are cause they are essentially franchises owned by different people.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭delboy159

GWD on Dorset Street quoted me 1% flat fee - nothing else.. If we fail to sell they will charge €250 to cover their advertising costs.....

They do not advertise in papers etc. They only use myhome.ie and daft.ie - to be honest 90% of people look at myhome.ie anyway so a paper advert isn't really worth the extra cost.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

no more than 1% INCLUDING Vat .

advertising and signage is extra but by agreement .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I got mine for .75% with DNG + 200 for advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I give 3 quotes usually but all depends on the sale and value of the property,

1% Sole agency

1.5 % Joint agency

1.75 % Multiple agency 2 or more estate agents selling the one property

The reason I charge more if more agents are on the property is because your paying a game of chance weather your going to get paid or not. You could do all the donkey work for months and some other agent come in and sell it on the first view. Where as if its sole agency your sure of getting paid and a lot less hassle.

Advertisement