Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabling Question

• 29-06-2006 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

A few questions:

1) Is it possible to trasnmit wireless Cable, Sky and HDTV wirelessly with good results? If so any recommended product.

2) If I can't do the above, I need to stretch a Scart and/or HDTV cable between floors. Is there a max length on these cables?

Cheers

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

redman wrote:
    A few questions:

1) Is it possible to trasnmit wireless Cable, Sky and HDTV wirelessly with good results? If so any recommended product.

2) If I can't do the above, I need to stretch a Scart and/or HDTV cable between floors. Is there a max length on these cables?

Cheers

Redman

Hope you did not damage the floor boards;) :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yes for Cable and ordinary sky via those widly available wireless jobbies.
    I do not think you can wirelessly extend HDTV via HDMI and you definately need repeaters going over distances and they are expensive.
    However you may be able to extend component leads if these provide your HDTV output.
    I'm in work now so can't get to many websites but try tvcables.co.uk or even a quick search on ebay, you might not be interested in the prices but the product info is handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Carpenter wrote:
    Hope you did not damage the floor boards;) :p

;-)) Different house to main residence which is staying the way it is after all your good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

I believe you can use Cat5, 5e or Cat6 with the correct connectors at either end of the network cable. There's loads more information on this over on avforums.com

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

redman wrote:
    A few questions:

Cheers

Redman

Results are fine to a CRT, pretty good actually, but Microwave and Wireless Internet may/will interfere with PQ. Results to an LCD are absolute rubbish, from what I have seen, PQ was atrocious with no workaround.
    The devices are around €80 to €200 in PowerCity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement