Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeb goes for 30C next week for Ireland

Options
  • 27-06-2006 12:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

:D Some nice and warm weather on the way at last. Although there will also be heavy thunderstorms or showers at times. Good sunshine too. Temps could reach 27C particularly over the weekend and into the start of next week.....though 24 or 25 would be more the norm........:)

MT8_Dublin_ens.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1322.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Back to old sticky Thundery weather perhaps,bit of luck says you.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowbie wrote:
    Back to old sticky Thundery weather perhaps,bit of luck says you.:D

Yup, a good few days of lively and very warm weather:D Not before time either, this damp, misty stuff is starting to get to me....:cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/uk/ni_summary_06070412.jpg

Well its gonna be very warm but hardly that warm:eek:

Anyhow hot spell begins Sunday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

darkman2 wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/uk/ni_summary_06070412.jpg

Well its gonna be very warm but hardly that warm:eek:

Not here in the east with that easterly...

Mothman wrote:
    Not here in the east with that easterly...

Very warm Easterly though, sea temps near 20C. UKMO says 26C for Dublin. We wont reach 30C, its just very unusual to see it on any chart. Mind you tonights ECM you would think out climate was about to change! Over +16 Isotherm out to beyond Thursday. Thats very very warm for Ireland.......

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote:
    Very warm Easterly though, sea temps near 20C. UKMO says 26C for Dublin. We wont reach 30C, its just very unusual to see it on any chart. Mind you tonights ECM you would think out climate was about to change! Over +16 Isotherm out to beyond Thursday. Thats very very warm for Ireland.......

M2 buoy sea temp 12.5C
    I suppose that's "near 20C" ;)

West Dublin 25C+, east Dublin won't see 25c+ until easterly shifts.
    I'm a mile from coast, I'd say 22C for me

Mothman wrote:
    M2 buoy sea temp 12.5C
    I suppose that's "near 20C" ;)

West Dublin 25C+, east Dublin won't see 25c+ until easterly shifts.
    I'm a mile from coast, I'd say 22C for me

I dont mean now, im talking about Sunday onward:rolleyes:

We just wait and see........I hope for once UKMO is right......

darkman2 wrote:
    I dont mean now, im talking about Sunday onward:rolleyes:

We just wait and see........I hope for once UKMO is right......

See temps don't change quick. Perhaps 1C or so during a week.

You better take that complaint to the guys that run the models. Sea air temps will be approaching 20C after Sunday. Im not surprised when the 850s jump 10C in 3 days:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just saw the sky news long range forecast and they are going for cool and wet over Ireland and Scotland throughout the weekend temperatures of 16-20C with England and Wales hitting 30C

• Advertisement

Mothman wrote:
    See temps don't change quick. Perhaps 1C or so during a week.
    It looks like DM2 was talking about the air temps over the Irish sea alright as opposed to the SST.

I'd imagine the faster the flow of wind ie the windier it is when the source is hot would mean that the SST has less of an effect as regards tempering it.
    It will have an effect alright but under extreme conditions, that effect would be limited(not saying next week will be extreme)

An example of that would be the warm spell we had a few weeks ago...At the begining,a NEasterly was sucessfully dropping temps on the East coast to 12 or 14c but later as the source got hotter, it only managed to cool it to 20c with just as strong a Neasterly (here anyway)

I'd agree though the SST wont change much in the next week if at all.

But remember a hot source flowing over still a coolish enough water will generate haze and low cloud,or if its unstable enough cumulus or larger.
    Depending on which wins out it could be just cloudy and damp for several days to come which will hold the temps back a bit compared to inland regions where haze will burn off.

One things for certain it will be humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sky cannot forecast for Ireland.

They put 8c on us every day in winter and 16c on us everyday in summer with 12c reserved for spring autumn times.

Met Eireann, as poor as they may be do a much better job. I remember the last hot spell, 26c here, was progged at 18c by sky!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

M2 is now up .7 degrees to 13.2
    It's balmy around M5 at 15.6

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

I doubt it will go much higher

dloob wrote:
    M2 is now up .7 degrees to 13.2
    It's balmy around M5 at 15.6

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

I doubt it will go much higher

And 11.9C at 04z this morning. I didn't think that there would be such a large movement during day and night.

Thread closed.

Advertisement