Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My rig ^^

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

no link to prices from op??

personally i think the whole system is OK... but why 939?? its on the way out.. also only 19" monitor with that spec is a waste with the resolutions that card could pump out, also personallly id get a 74gig raptor and a 200gb+ sata2 drive.. 150gig will be filled up very soon and you would need to buy another drive.

and also agree with unkleroscos comment on hitide... too high price and not the BEST of gear... go for alphacool.de or dangerden.com

and 1 BIG thing.... you never mentioned a psu.... you will need a very nice psu for that system if overclocking, expect to add about €200 onto the price for a decent one

somehow i suspect a phantom build :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

DDLR wrote:
    lol

hey when did you come back thought you were banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

gline wrote:
    no link to prices from op??
    personally i think the whole system is OK... but why 939?? its on the way out..

They are cheap because they r on their way out, and theyre also tried and tested with great results, no opterons on AM2 unless they came out, and its all a bit more expensive with a performance increase that isnt huge
    gline wrote:
    and 1 BIG thing.... you never mentioned a psu....

Sorry its a Tagann 480 watt SLi
    gline wrote:
    somehow i suspect a phantom build :D

I dont know what that means :(

gline wrote:
    also only 19" monitor with that spec is a waste with the resolutions that card could pump out,

Ill go for speed at 1024Xwhatever for the moment but i priced a 21 inch and it was 300 euro more expensive :eek:
    gline wrote:
    too high price and not the BEST of gear... go for alphacool.de or dangerden.com

Explain yourself, Opteron, DFI, Antec, Artic cooling, nvidia , Saitec and Samsung, whats wrong there? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

at the end he is talking aboutwatercooling.

awhir wrote:
    at the end he is talking aboutwatercooling.

ah i see, i wouldnt bother with that for the moment, a solid 2.6 ghz would be nice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Aww, i was looking forward to DDLR's links, all we get is a "lol", thats bad form mate. Guess he's keeping the bargains to himself ;).

well hii edited response was

"Ya normaly his **** is a bit much but iv bought alot from him over the last
    while! He looks after me that and he helped me out a few times! Sound guy!

Well D1ckhead its

549.99 USD
    United States Dollars

=

430.754 EUR
    Euro

Shipping is 20Euro

so thats 450! sorry 50 euro more then i said :( "

good aul email alerts... they never fail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why bother getting such a good pc, when you are going to cheap out on the psu?

• Advertisement

krazy_8s wrote:
    Why bother getting such a good pc, when you are going to cheap out on the psu?

link to a recomendation please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'd get an Enermax

is there really a big difference between those and the tagan? they are roughly the same price :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Think about the power draw on the 12volt rail from 2 high spec gpu chips and the rest of your componants and then stick in a **** cheap power supply. Your choice.

bottom line.. you need a good psu for that rig

According to custom pc a 7950 GX2 in an overclocked FX 57 draws 271 Watts from the PSU running 3D mark 06, if i go for Quad Sli ill get a better PSU however for the moment the 480 Watt will do imo. If i have problems in that area ill be sure to post about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It's not really ratted wattage that counts, it's having the power on certain rails that does. If the PSU is with the case, then by all means see how it goes. I generally find those IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO messages when I'm a bit low on power. Anywho, best of luck with the rig, it looks like it should be fun.

Cheers, it all came today, ill overclock tonight and ill post results tomorow

Psycopat wrote:
    Cheers, it all came today, ill overclock tonight and ill post results tomorow

I lied, half of it came and the other half overclockers fecked up they had no Opteron 170's so i had to get a 180 at 200 euro extra :mad: , i also lost a few days because of silly sata hard drives as you may have seen in my other thread.

Anyhoo this is my finalised rig except for more overclocking

Opteron 2.7Ghz 100% Stable (for now)
    2 GB RAM
    1 GB 7950 GX2
    DFI UT Expert SLi
    150 GB Raptor X 10,000rpm
    200 GB Maxtor 7,200rpm
    620Watt Enermax PSU
    Antec P180
    19" LCD Samsung 4ms
    Saitek Keyboard
    Logitec MX518

Price = 2700 approx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Psycopat wrote:
    I lied, half of it came and the other half overclockers fecked up they had no Opteron 170's so i had to get a 180 at 200 euro extra :mad: , i also lost a few days because of silly sata hard drives as you may have seen in my other thread.

Anyhoo this is my finalised rig except for more overclocking

Opteron 2.7Ghz 100% Stable (for now)
    2 GB RAM
    1 GB 7950 GX2
    DFI UT Expert SLi
    150 GB Raptor X 10,000rpm
    200 GB Maxtor 7,200rpm
    620Watt Enermax PSU
    Antec P180
    19" LCD Samsung 4ms
    Saitek Keyboard
    Logitec MX518

Price = 2700 approx

How do u like the video card ? What brand u get and where from ?

Nice rig i hope your happy with it :P

Video card is nice, Gainward from komplett. Plays oblivion nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

the 7950 is £382 on komplett.co.uk which works out as about €70 cheaper than the irish site??? Am I not including tax there? Even with the p&p it's well cheaper :eek:

Advertisement