Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's your Lego now?

• 30-06-2006 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭

I've just spent the last hour or so browsing brickset, trying to find every set I can remember me (or my little brother) owning. I think I still have most of the bricks to build these as well (aside from the ones that got sacrificed to the evil hoover-lord) in a couple of boxes in my Mum's attic.

I'll never let anything happen to it as I consider it my future children's birthright!

Where's your lego now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Same as your's actually, in the attic. I think I've done pretty well and not lost that many parts when I used it all those years ago. I think it was mostly a few small parts here and there, nothing vital. I'm sure I still have most of the instructions too, and like yourself will be passing it on when I have kids down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It turns up in random crevices around the house and garden. :(

In my sewerage system.I was fond of of flushing them down the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My mother gave it all away AFAIK boohooo
    I'll do a search of the attic though ..I've a feeling theres a box of lego odds and ends there [hopefully]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Scraggs wrote:
    My mother gave it all away AFAIK boohooo

i'm telling ya, mothers are pure pure evil. Mine done the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

One of my brothers ingested the head of one of my lego people once... it was a time of great trepidation. Fortunately, he decided to stick to more standard forms of nutrition after that. I didn't love lego enough to filter the toilet bowl or anything, though. 0_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

In the attic along with my action man and GI joe stuff.

Have nearly all my lego, except for a few bits that got broken, lost, stolen.

Also my sister's my little pony castle and crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

OMG I love lego, so tempted to buy loads for myself now hehehe :D

Think my nephew has my old stuff now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yep my nephew has mine, ate half of it! Some knockin around the parents atic. I had all of the Robin Hood and Police sets...happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

All mine still in the attic except for the the big red technics car which has pride of place on the top of my book case. I still have most of the instructions and boxes even. Have a few bits magnetised to the fridge too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

all gone to a charity shop or somesuch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mine is 3,500 miles way home in Ireland. I hope teh mammeh didnt throw it out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

My mother got rid of mine alongside my copy of Super Mario World and other non-lego related paraphernalia. My cousin has an absolute mountain of the stuff though so I may have to pay him a little visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

in the attic like most other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Big plastic box in my wardrobe...had forgotten it was there actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Still in my bedroom in one of those special LEGO boxes, complete with some sort of spaceship inside XD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

The attic at home for most of it and theres a replica of my house on my bookshelf for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Bigger box is in my attic waiting for a rainy day or children of my own :eek:

Smaller box is in my Mum's primary school class... at least 10 blocks have been eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

My lego is in old biscuit tins, out in one of our sheds along with piles of other old crap we no longer use... like casette tapes, lol remember those? :D
    tbh I reckon most of the bits required to build the set peices are missing... so it's really a mish-mash of different boxes... some space ones and an F1 race-track, and a castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

All of mine is in my Mum's attic. She asked me to get rid of it a few years ago but I refused. My kids (actually me) will play with it in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

My younger brother inherited mine, though not until I left home at the age of 17 :o Kind of wish I'd kept it all now though as he's since given it away. Would love to pass it on to future generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

My mother gave it to the local playgroup:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

In the wardrobe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Mine is in my parents attic in a big wooden box that my dad made for me!!!
    It has all different compartments with all the different sets named, not too many pieces missing, if any!! Have all of the instructions as well!!!
    Jaysus i was anal back than as well!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

One thing I've always wondered did anyone actually manage to keep all the pieces of each of their sets SEPERATE rather than now having them all mixed up on one big pile. Cos that'd be weird (and somewhat impressive I guess) if they did.

ATM my lego is the cardboard packaging box of my video machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I have no idea where mine is. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

My old man still has the family lego, which is fairly impressive as my sister first got it sometime in the sixty's, and it has passed though four of us and seven Grandkids too, only problem is it's a bit sticky as every kid I've seen playin with it seems to stick each individual colour in their mouths to see what they taste like (don't remember them having a taste ??).

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ed.

All safely stored in the attic,so tempted to pull it all out and set up my Lego railway again,12v :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Ive unfortunately passed it all on. Speading the good times. Brings a tear to my eye, the hours spent building and rebuilding, so worth it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lostnbroken

Eh...my mum gave it all away to the charity shop. At least its porbly gone to good use....i hope.

Advertisement