Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v Argentina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'd have to fancy Lehmann as well. Who knows though, it's a lottery!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Really is an awlful way to end a match and be knocked out of the WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Lovely peno's so far

go on the Jens, state of that one from Ayala. MOM though.

Lehmann to be the hero, to save at least 2, Germany to go through.

Think I'll play the Lotto this weekend.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Argentinians going ape****...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I knew the Germans would win the shoot-out but I did'nt know the Argies would be such poor loosers. Well maybe I did, south american types are so lame.

Mike.

Wtf did Bierhoff say, if he said something to trigger the Argies, he has no class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

poor losers or bad winners?

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote:
    Argentinians going ape****...

Heinze looked like he was going to kill someone.

Did my eyes deceive me or did Lehmann actually leave the scene of a fight? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fairplay Germany....terrible spot kick from ayala though :( what do you expect from a centre-back though :(

Best player on the pitch though over the 120 mins :D

Did my eyes deceive me or did Lehmann actually leave the scene of a fight? :)

Funny, I was thinking the very same.

Peckerman stock is being sold in after hours trading.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Why oh why would you bring on Cruz? I thought it was a good second half though, the way both RTÉ and ITV are going on about it you'd think England were playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Teheeee :D I predicted correctly!!

Go on the Germanians!!!

w0ot :D:D:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I predicted correctly too but Argentina threw it away TBH.

I didn't predict that Peckerman would lose his mind and Argentina would bottle it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Argentina threw it away.
    Germany v Italy most likely in the semi .
    Neither of these 2 teams deserve to be in a World Cup final as both are very limited.
    If Brazil get their act together they could stroll it.

France will be beat Brazil, England will be beat France and play Germany in the final with a Russian Linesman! Oh er! :o

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Yesss! Go on Germany! Have money on em from the start to win the whole thing, don't let me down now!

Deutschland Uber Alles!

if germany play Brazil They will win, Germany have a solid defense (fatnaldo is great, and I think he is a brilliant forward, but he cant handle a good defense)

Germany can also break quickly, which is bad news up against Brazil who's defense has been poor.

Italy have a crap scoring record so far, but a solid defense, I think If france defend like they did against Spain, they could win it. But I have my money on Portugal or Germany tbh.

How do Germany always manage to sneak through to the latter stages? Why do Spain always bottle it? Why are England perennial quarter finalists (let's hope)? It's amazing how these traditions maintain themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Argentina threw it away.
    Germany v Italy most likely in the semi .
    Neither of these 2 teams deserve to be in a World Cup final as both are very limited.
    If Brazil get their act together they could stroll it.

Please explain why you don't think Germany deserve to be in the final of this competition, and exactly which other teams do you think are more deserving of it?

I definitely agree with you on Italy though.

if germany play Brazil They will win, Germany have a solid defense (fatnaldo is great, and I think he is a brilliant forward, but he cant handle a good defense)

Germany can also break quickly, which is bad news up against Brazil who's defense has been poor.

Italy have a crap scoring record so far, but a solid defense, I think If france defend like they did against Spain, they could win it. But I have my money on Portugal or Germany tbh.
    Solid defence!!LMAO
    Thats the weakest part of their team especially central defence.

Please explain why you don't think Germany deserve to be in the final of this competition, and exactly which other teams do you think are more deserving of it?

I definitely agree with you on Italy though.

Germany are enjoying the home support catalyst effect.
    They had an easy qualifying group and played a poor Swedish team who missed a penalty and had a man incorrectly red carded.
    Germany are disciplined,hard working and have good heart but they are not an outstanding football side.
    Argentina had them for the taking at 1-0 up but a negative attitude and suspect temperament allowed Germany back into the match.
    You can always count on Germany to be reliable and solid but reliabillity shouldnt be enough to get to a World Cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

omg im disgusted. riquelme off?????? what?!!!??! no messi on?!?!?!?!? what?!?!?!?! terrible management.

Solid defence!!LMAO

They break quickly, and have a far better defense than Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Gutted, Pekerman is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Solid defence!!LMAO

yeah, you're so right, Cannavaro and Nesta are the worst two central defenders in history! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya Pekerman made a hash of that alright...no messi and taking riquelme off and using his 3 subs before 90 mins....rookie mistakes

Germany all the way to the final now...at least I have Klose playing in another game....I think as soon as he gets 6, I'll be picking up my winnings from Betfair at 21/1.....:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Gwan the Germans!

I wonder what are the odds of Germany beating England in the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Germany are enjoying the home support catalyst effect.
    They had an easy qualifying group and played a poor Swedish team who missed a penalty and had a man incorrectly red carded.
    Germany are disciplined,hard working and have good heart but they are not an outstanding football side.
    Argentina had them for the taking at 1-0 up but a negative attitude and suspect temperament allowed Germany back into the match.
    You can always count on Germany to be reliable and solid but reliabillity shouldnt be enough to get to a World Cup final.

If Germany get to the final they'll be there because they deserve to be, nothing less. I'm sorry but your argument makes no sense, just because you don't think Germany are one of the two best teams in the competition they wouldn't deserve to be in the final? Whoever wins their matches and gets there, will deserve to be there. Like Germany have done so far.

Reliability alone is also more than enough in this world cup as no team has really shown great class so far, apart from maybe Argentina. Oh wait, the Germans just knocked them out.

Reliability alone is also more than enough in this world cup as no team has really shown great class so far, apart from maybe Argentina.
    True, perhaps that why its a poor World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hehe, I had Argentina in the office sweep. The guy that had Germany offered me a swap just before the penalties ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Solid defence!!LMAO

Either your being sarcastic or you dont know nothing about football. Cannavaro & Nesta = Best Defence in the world cup, espically Cannavaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Nesta is injured, aint he???

Pekerman must have been smoking some **** to talk Riquelme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

yeah, you're so right, Cannavaro and Nesta are the worst two central defenders in history! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Two good defenders does not a great defence make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

tdv wrote:
    Either your being sarcastic or you dont know nothing about football. Cannavaro & Nesta = Best Defence in the world cup, espically Cannavaro

He was talking about the germany. The post that he quoted mentions both Germany and Italy as having solid defences.

Quote/if germany play Brazil They will win, Germany have a solid defense (fatnaldo is great, and I think he is a brilliant forward, but he cant handle a good defense) end quote/

• Advertisement

tdv wrote:

Thank you, But Brazils defense is still deffo worse than Germanys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Thank you, But Brazils defense is still deffo worse than Germanys!

Well in that case Germany probally have the worst defence out of the teams who are left in it, espically there centeral defenders. Who thinks Germany's defence solid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Anyone know what the fight was over at the end of the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

peckerman has just quit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

dbnavan wrote:
    Anyone know what the fight was over at the end of the game?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/germany/5135124.stm

Two good defenders does not a great defence make.

Italy have an unbelievable defence. Sure, two good defenders does not a good defense make, but the Italian defence does a good defence make. Apart from the fact that Cannavaro and Nesta are two of the best central defenders in the world, Zambrotta is the best fullback in the world. They've conceded only one goal in the tournament, a shocking own goal by a squad player. If you were watching the BBC analysis during the second half, they showed a Ukrainian buildup to an attack. Gattuso and Pirlo were closing down in midfield, following the play across the pitch, every player making runs was picked up, the player on the ball was pressurised, and eventually Ukraine was forced wide, and two Italians isolated the ball and cleared. With Buffon behind them, there isn't a doubt that Italy have the best defence in the world, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

damm the argies are gone, the only team to have played intricate passing skillfull football so far. hope brazil can up their performaces but their manager is more of a win playing ugly type of manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Cant believe the argies are out.my favourite team in the tournament,they played the best football by far.Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

why does work get in the way of football:mad: ,not to worry,the highlights are on soon:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,781 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

there isn't a doubt that Italy have the best defence in the world, IMO.

Agree. Anyone remember the Euro 2000 semi final between Holland and Italy? The dutch kept attacking and attacking but could not get a goal. Nesta alone must have made hundreds of blocks during that match

The dutch didn't help themselves by missing 2 penalties during play and then by loosing on penalties :rolleyes:

The Italians are still very much at that kinda game imho. Defend, defend, defend and there might be a wee counter somewhere to give them a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

anyone have a vid of the nutcracker suite, bbc has terrible reception.

• Advertisement
Advertisement