Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Limerick - Dublin Airport, How Long

Options
  • 30-06-2006 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Going on holidays in two weeks and am driving from Limerick to Dublin Airport. Now this trip should only take me between two and two and a half hours normally, but I need to be in the airport for quarter to nine. Its a Friday morning so I'll get stuck in rush hour. How long should I give myself to get there. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'd give myself at least 4 hours - you will probably do it in three though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Thats great thanks was thinking about leaving around half four fiveish so i should have plenty of time.

If you are parking long-term use Quickpark- only €5 per day compared to €8.50 with DAA.

www.quickpark.ie

Book on-line as they are nearly always full and will turn you away at the gate.

I've been keeping an eye on that they're not letting people book online for the time being and its gone up to €6 a day.

Yea I just noticed that increase. They are probably not allowing bookings at the moment as they are trying to release space for those already booked. Enjoy the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I think you should allow yourself at least an hour for the trip between Naas and the red cow roundabout alone.The traffic on that stretch of road can be at a choka usually, but there is roadworks going on so it could be worse.Another 30 minutes ish to get to the toll booth. I'm the worrying type so I'd leave at 3, nothing worse than rushing to checkin.

If I leave a three then I'll be rattling around the airport from 6 o'clock on because I wont hit any traffic at that hour. Think I'll leave about half 4 that gives me four and a quarter hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

With such an early start, you could consider a B&B near the airport to give you a few hours sleep.
    See http://www.ireland.ie. I found a bunch in Swords, though traffic from Swords at 8am could be a pain. I found one in Santry. Price range is e32-e60 (I don't know what that really means). While it will cost you more than getting up very early, the Friday morning might be a lot more relaxing and you'd probaby get breakfast to start you right.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Jood wrote:
    If I leave a three then I'll be rattling around the airport from 6 o'clock on because I wont hit any traffic at that hour. Think I'll leave about half 4 that gives me four and a quarter hours.

That sounds reasonable. I hate that drive.

The N7 on the run up to the Mad Cow gets busy before 7am.

That would be ideal only I dont finish work till 12 midnight so I might as well wait till half 4.

• Advertisement

daymobrew wrote:
    With such an early start, you could consider a B&B near the airport to give you a few hours sleep.
    See http://www.ireland.ie. I found a bunch in Swords, though traffic from Swords at 8am could be a pain. I found one in Santry. Price range is e32-e60 (I don't know what that really means). While it will cost you more than getting up very early, the Friday morning might be a lot more relaxing and you'd probaby get breakfast to start you right.

Sods Law will probably apply then - you arrive relaxed and refreshed and find out that the flight is delayed for 12 hours! :D

Oh sure that would only happen to me :rolleyes: dont actually mind the drive I've done it a few times now, I wont be too tired anway the holiday mood will kick in and I'll hit the bar as soon as we check in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Limerick to Dublin, Naas Road - Allow 3hrs
    Dublin, Naas Road to Dubln Airport - Allow 1.5hrs

:D:D:D

no joke!

I wont hit any traffic until the Naas road I should make it in less that two hours its from there to the Airport I'll get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jood wrote:
    I wont hit any traffic until the Naas road I should make it in less that two hours its from there to the Airport I'll get caught.

Aye, its a nightmare if you get caught but u can be lucky!

Jood wrote:

You'll have loads of time leaving at 5ish. Bear in mind that Friday and Saturday mornings between 4 and 7 am are the busiest times for long term carparks. You may have to queue to get into the carparks and then queue for the shuttle bus to the terminal. Your nearest carpark coming from Limerick (if you don't get into Quickpark that is) would be the "Blue" one which is just off junction 4 on the M50 (Ballymun junction).

Thanks for all ye're help lads ye've been great, think I'll go about half four and keep my finger crossed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why don't you fly from Shannon?

Why don't you fly from Shannon?

Oh why didnt I think of that. :rolleyes:

We've wanted to go to Zakynthos for a while now and the only flight available was from Dublin. :)

Jood wrote:
    Oh why didnt I think of that. :rolleyes:

We've wanted to go to Zakynthos for a while now and the only flight available was from Dublin. :)

Might have been easier to go through a UK airport. Better value too?

• Advertisement

Dont think so, that would be way too much trouble, I have flown out of Dublin the last three times I've been abroad and really like the airport I just havent driven up there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

You could try Aer Arann and fly from the west. They've got some pretty reasonable rates that'd probably cost the same as the petrol to get up to Dublin. Enjoy the holidays!

Advertisement