Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Interview With Jason Newsted

• 30-06-2006 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Found here

He talks about this Supernova TV thing and Voivod. TBH I'm kind of on the fence about the TV supergroup, but I've read him say it's the best way to get exposure for Voivod and Piggy's music, that it'll get Voivod t-shirts beamed into billions of homes around the world.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Good, interview. Can see that supergroup thing turning in to a metal pop idol thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I thought that's what it already was :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Yeah - he was very good on radio talking about criticism of the whole Supernova thing, though it's since been "rebranded" as it were as Rockstar: Supernova: The Tommy Lee Project so I'm interested to see how Lee's ego is going to interact with Newstead now. I'd have thought he'd had enough of egotistical drummers to last a lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Supernova might have been a bad idea. he was well respected as an underground artist promoter before this, and this might be a little too mainstream for him, although i had to laugh when i saw the program because he seemed to be the only one taking it really seriously...tommy just wanted money...and Gilby was into it, but no one took his advice seriously it seemed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Apparently Supernova will tour next year. Would be interesting to see Newstead again. Saw him in 1999 in the Point with Metallica. He is well cool

• Advertisement
Advertisement