Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pellet storage

Options
  • 30-06-2006 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

i ahve decided on getting a gerkros woodpecker in my new build but dont want to use the big ugly metal silo that they recommend.

does anyone have any idea where i can get information on other storage options or containers, underground etc.

i heard roofer pete in another thread talk about a new unit that has the silo and boiler house in one unit that looks like a garden shed but the well on that thread seems to have ran dry.

i have been trying to search online but havnt found much.

any information would be greatly appreciated and participants will be rewarded in the afterlife with an endless supply of jelly and icecream.

cheers
    P

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

pdeery wrote:
    i ahve decided on getting a gerkros woodpecker in my new build but dont want to use the big ugly metal silo that they recommend.

does anyone have any idea where i can get information on other storage options or containers, underground etc.

i heard roofer pete in another thread talk about a new unit that has the silo and boiler house in one unit that looks like a garden shed but the well on that thread seems to have ran dry.

i have been trying to search online but havnt found much.

any information would be greatly appreciated and participants will be rewarded in the afterlife with an endless supply of jelly and icecream.

cheers
    P

Hi pm me and I can tell you where to post to rooferpete.

Tim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

Pdeeery,

Peter is banned from boards.ie but as far as I know I can give you his website.
    Visit www.ecostoves.ie and you'll find peter.
    We visited his showroom two weeks ago and he gave us really very good information. We will buy one of his woodpellet boilers. it looks that good that you can easlily install it in a utility room.

Check also www.extraflame.com. We are going fot the Caldaia Pellet TP30

good luck,
    Mariejeanne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jimmy Fahy

you can get an underground silo, one that stores 5 and 7 tonnes, you'll need to dig down 3m. website is www.greenplanet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Constanople

mariejeanne, if you are putting ur wood pellet boiler in the utility does that mean that you will have to manually feed the pellets into the small hopper every couple of weeks. Surely you wont have the large silo in the utility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

mariejeanne, if you are putting ur wood pellet boiler in the utility does that mean that you will have to manually feed the pellets into the small hopper every couple of weeks. Surely you wont have the large silo in the utility.

Well, as our utility room will be 5x4 it could well fit the woodpellet storage;) , but we will build on the outside so that we will have an automatic feeding system. Peter told us to wait with building as there are at the moment numerous companies designing pellet storage systems. so we'll wait with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

pdeery, we were in the same dilemma as you going for the Gerkros woodpecker and didn't like the villa silo but at the time I was researching I could not find anything else and we didn't want to customise anything as it was going to delay us and to probably cost more. I have to say we put in the small steel shed (which we bought directly from Shanette rather than Gerkros and saved a few bob) and we put the villa silo on the same base as the shed. We intend screening both with trellis and fruit trees. Have to say the villa silo ain't as bad as you think when erected behind the shed. Just thought I'd let you know. I hear that there is a guy who manufacturs animal feed silos selling an adapted 3 tonne version for wood pellet storage for about the same cost. I reckon though they might be tall. Good luck.

Advertisement