Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IB Ripoffwave in Limerick

• 30-06-2006 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

I have IB's Ripwave in O'Connell Ave, Limerick for 8 months.

Lately it's taking 5-10 mins to get connected, downloads are below 5 kbytes/sec and the "reasons" offered by IB Tech Support are useless.
    Excuses include claims about interference, impeding buildings, weather conditions and so on. All rubbish as it was fine in December last,when I got 20 kbyte/sec all the time.

To my mind they just don't want to buy the necessary amount of capacity for the number of customers they have - they just ration out what they have.

I'd be interested in knowing what other Ripwave punters in this area (which is served by a mast on the Clarion Hotel, I'm told) have to report.

Regards,
    tak

Advertisement