Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting away from Magnet - best options ?

• 30-06-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently have Magnet's triple play in Lucan but due to their atroicous phone service and support I am looking to change.

My options are:

Smart

EsatBT

or Utv (if available in my area - cannot get checker to work - are they everywhere ?)

Looking for Broadband, phone and rental in one package if possible, don't particularly mind changing phone number as already done for Magnet.

Any recommendations ?

What is the quickest way to change, do I have to go back to Eircom wait a month and then go to whoever I choose ?

What is the probable downtime ?

I have been using a good bit of a download allowance monthly too but could curtail this for better quality service.

Thanks in advance,.

V.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Magnet to Smart requires going back to eircom for a while, yes. Magnet to eircom reseller same but shorter .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 namteg

ask magnet for a new modem with a built in VoIP to PSTN converter, much better Qos for voice:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I am now on my 4th modem in a month.

When I had normal modem and external ATA (ip telephony to analog converter) the line kept on breaking up and could only hear 2 out of 3 words.

Now with internal ATA in modem a melody plays followed by the dial tone, problem is that the melody and dial tone re-occurs every couple of minutes during a call.

The missus has had enough at this stage.

It is worth going to Smart even if I lose a bit of speed to get decent phone service, hardly used the TV anyway so no great loss especially as the EPG was always wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Can you get NTL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

It is available in my area but according to the rep who called last week only 2Mb.

This combined with the fact I have sky kind of rules it out.

Looks like I will go for Smart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement