Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook Express deleted mail

• 30-06-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

The other day Outlook Express asked me would I like to clean up my mail so I clicked yes. Now all my emails as far back as November 2005 have vanished!
    I have Google Desktop and if I search for a mail with it, it finds it and displays it in my browser, but I can't view any attachments. Does anyone know if these are recoverable? :( Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

It should have archived them to a .pst file?

Do you have a second inbox displayed in tha archives section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

NutJob wrote:
    It should have archived them to a .pst file?

Do you have a second inbox displayed in tha archives section?

I can't seem to find any .pst files in the Outlook Express folder. Where would they normally be stored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

look for the extension " DBX"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

mr_disc wrote:
    look for the extension " DBX"

I have located all the DBX files, but there is no sign of the missing mails?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

They are inside the DBX files. Do yourself a favour and ditch the M$ and go with Thunderbird, you won't regret it

MC

• Advertisement
Advertisement