Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to TV Question

• 30-06-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi guys,

i bought an adapter to hook up my laptop to my tv.
    but i'm only able to play quicktime files.
    when i play mpeg or Divx fils everything else on the computer is visible and the audio is perfect, but there is no video feed.
    is there a programme i can down load that will let me view these other files, or will i have to find some way of converting all my files to Quicktime?

thanks for any help.
    niall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

do they play on the computer screen?
    if the do you need to go to display properties of your laptop and set the tv as the primary display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

they do. i'll give that a bash when i get home. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

I have an S-video out to scart cable and the whole screen desktop and all appears on the tv enabling me to watch vids in any programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

i have the same thing, but some of my files are visible on the laptop but not on the tv when playing. quick time files are the only ones i can see on the tv.
    i'll try amending the settings as mentioned above, but if anyone else has any ideas, please drop a note.
    thanks
    niall

Advertisement